-31-

Roman stormed into the white tower, his hands clenched at his sides. He stormed past the receptionist desk, making his way toward the staircase. He had been inside the institute enough times to know where Johann Pryce would be.

"Excuse me, sir... you can't go up there." The receptionist made her way around the desk, rushing to Roman's side. He didn't stop, Roman continued on, grabbing hold of the rail. "Sir!"

Roman turned on his heels, his eyes narrowing into angry slits as he faced the young woman with perfectly blonde hair. "I can go wherever I want... I fucking own the place." Roman started up the stairs again. The receptionist clasped the sleeve of Roman's blazer. He spun around again, ripping his arm out of the woman's grasp.

"Roman Godfrey?" The woman asked, staring carefully - apprehensive of his next action. "Dr. Pryce is waiting for you in his office."

Roman's face fell; he feared that this had been part of Olivia's plan, and that Dr. Pryce had been in on it.

Roman burst into Dr. Pryce's office, without the warning of a knock to alert him of his arrival. But Roman knew that Johann was expecting him - his receptionist had probably called the moment she returned to her desk, letting Johann know.

"Where is Lyra?" Roman slammed the door behind him before approaching Johann. He sat casually at his desk, sorting through paperwork. Johann stood, bracing his palm on the surface, gesturing with his other hand to the chair.

"Please, have a seat." Johann spoke collectively.

Roman pursed his lips, shaking his head. "Tell me where Lyra is!" He demanded, his booming voice ricocheting off the walls in an echo. Johann's typically professional demeanor flickered a change, his expression that of annoyance.

"Miss Cambion is fine, Mr. Godfrey. Now please, have a seat. There are some things we need to discuss regarding your current... predicament." Johann adjusted his tie with a smile, waving his hand toward the empty seat in front of his desk.

Reluctantly, Roman took his seat, staring daggers across the way at Johann, watching him move around the desk. "You gonna tell me where Lyra is?" Roman asked, growing more impatient as the seconds went by.

"Miss Cambion is across the hall with her father, Dr. Cambion." Johann sat on the edge of the desk, interlocking his fingers as he looked down at Roman with pity.

Roman stood up quickly, ready to charge toward the door to find Lyra. Johann's hand came down on his shoulder, stopping him from getting up from his seat. The pressure of Johann's hand was staggeringly painful - Roman's face twisted in anguish. "I suggest we go over the options before rushing to Lyra's aid. Once again Roman, Lyra is fine. She's a bit overwhelmed, but she is well."

Roman swallowed hard, jerking his shoulder away from Johann's grasp. "What do you mean, options?" Roman's eyes followed Johann, watching him stand from the desk, trailing to the other side of the room. He stared through the large window, gazing out above the skyline - the height of the tower overlooking the small town.

"It has been brought to my attention that one of my employees has been conducting research without my consent. I do believe you know which of these experiments I speak of." Johann's head turned, looking to Roman over his shoulder. "Doctor Cambion, Lyra's father, has been conducting some very intrusive experiments. Were you aware of this?"

"Yeah, I know about the dreams." Roman's tongue slid across his top teeth, his eyes narrowing at Johann.

"I... essentially, you, have been given an ultimatum. Doctor Cambion will be forced to resign and relocate with his family. Or, I can terminate the pregnancy." Johann turned, crossing his arms as he stared across the room at Roman.