Act I, Scene XI

They had made it out of the building. Ashlyn had planned ahead and her heels were a form of boots that enabled her to run and not lose against the agents that were going to be eventually following her. Her little legs however were able to keep up with the rest of the Horsemen.

Alma was going to be hot on their tails, so that's all Ashlyn could think about as she ran into the crowded streets. Jumping straight into a puddle and heading towards a wall, Ashlyn waited for Jack and Merritt to hop over before she followed and climbed over the wall.

Getting so far over Ashlyn had two hands come to her waist. Jack helped her to bring her down over the wall. Once her feet hit the ground they started to run knowing Henley and Daniel would be right behind them.

Slightly further up the road, the Horsemen split up with Jack being partnered with Ashlyn. They had managed to loop around to the back of the theatre and Ashlyn opened the bin to which she found her bag. Smiling and with a breathless "Yes." she grabbed it and the pair set off yet again.

Reaching an alleyway further down, Ashlyn dropped the bag she was holding and both the young adults reached into the bag pulling out clothes. Ashlyn had a sparkly balck sequin dress with a matching mask to try and hide into the mardi-gras crowds.

Pulling off her previous clothes with such speed she was switching into the dress to which Jack just chuckled and watched her, almost staring and slightly turned on. Ashlyn looked at him and said "Quickly!"

Jack cleared his throat and nodded as Ashlyn smirked and had a slight blush on her face as she placed her mask on. Reaching into her bag yet again she searched for her box of pills. They were nowhere to be found.

"No, no no, no no!" Ashlyn muttered looking for them as Jack threw his clothes on the floor and tried to grab her hand.

"We've gotta go!" He shouted over the noise to which she shook her head.

"Wait a second!" She shouted back.

"We don't have a second, come on!" Jack said and pulled her up and away into the street. He had already ripped off his tracker and held her wrist up when they stopped running to get into the streets filled with people dancing and celebrating. He ripped off her tracker and Ashlyn caught it before they were moving with the crowd.

"Put your arms around my neck and stay close." Jack said as Ashlyn nodded and he pulled her in by her waist to which they started to dance with the crowd. His police hat from his costume was touching her forehead as she looked up to him, but Jack wasn't paying attention to her, instead he was looking for Agent Rhodes.

She kept close to him and it wasn't until he dropped his hands from her waist and placed the trackers that were in his pocket into Rhodes before the two darted off in the opposite direction.

However Ashlyn got through the crowds as she was running ahead but Jack got stuck and shouted "Ashlyn!" The girl stopped and turned around to see Jack struggling to get through. Jack then also turned around and both made eye contact with Agent Rhodes.

"Oh shit." Ashlyn muttered before darting, with or without Jack. Pushing and shoving past people Ashlyn ran into a back alleyway with Jack following shortly after.

"Why are you following me man?" She whisper-shouted as she haltered to catch her breath but was struggling to breath. She put her hands on her chest trying to calm herself down to which Jack caught up and reached into his trouser pocket to pull out her inhaler.

"Figured you'd need this." Ashlyn's eyes widened as he smiled with a slight chuckle to which she took it from his hands and inhaled. After a cough Ashlyn had managed to get her breathing back to normal as Jack stayed out on the lookout.

She stood up properly and Jack held out his hand. Ashlyn went to take it when he laughed.

"The inhaler you muppet!" She nodded and handed it to him before they were climbing over the wall to get out of sight. Ashlyn jumped first and Jack followed, both giving themselves a minute to think about where they needed to go next.

Jack leaned against the wall and rubbed the sweat from his forehead. Ashlyn just smiled before pushing herself off the opposite wall and moved towards him. Jack, who looked at his hand for the sweat, started to speak.

"We need to get going."

Ashlyn just shook her head and took the cap off his before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him. Almost as a thank you however it felt like a breath of fresh air for both. Jack just pulled her in closer and kissed her like his life would end if he didn't react as such.

"You had my inhaler." She whispered but was close enough to him for Jack to be able to hear her.
"Of course I did. You need to be careful though." Ashlyn nodded before she fiddled with his pretend uniform.

"Reckon you could keep this once this is over?" Jack smirked and bit the corner of his lips before saying "Why, it turns you on?" Ashlyn blushed and put the hat back onto his head.

"Oh you have no idea Wilder." Jack smiled and muttered "We need to go." Grabbing her wrist he ran and she was pulled along. Turning corners and moving through the streets the pair eventually got to the meeting spot with the cars that were pre-arranged and waiting to take them to the airport.

They were the first ones there so the two were able to pause for a moment as they waited.

Jack just watched Ashlyn as she looked out and played with her nails, impatiently waiting for the rest of the Horsemen.

"Ash I need to ask you ab-"

"There you are! Hurry up!" Ashlyn shouted at the other Horsemen who were running towards them before climbing into the car herself but stopped when Henley asked "Wait where's Danny?"

Ashlyn groaned and then looked ahead.

"There!" The four were shouting for him to hurry and get into the cars. The five started to unload and get into the vehicle to which Jack was driving them. Squishing into the middle from being the smallest Ashlyn was able to take another inhale from the inhaler that she had to ask for whilst Jack was driving.

Reaching the airport they grabbed their bags and got changed out of any costumes or fancy clothes they were wearing to blend in before and headed into the small airport where the prearranged jet was waiting for them before taking off to New York.

They all sighed in relief as Jack sat opposite Ashlyn, wanting to ask her the question that was on his mind; however now was not the time, he thought.

Not yet.