Act I - Scene IV

- 3 M O N T H S L A T E R -

The five had moved into the apartment, much to Ashlyns dismay that she could just stay 10 minutes down the road however whoever they were working for, instructed not to. And Ashlyn had to oblige.

However the apartment wasn't built for 5, so Ashlyn was sharing with Jack which she wasn't happy about yet she wasn't disappointed.

"Well this is gonna be fun." Ashlyn just sarcastically laughed at his comment before she pushed him out of the room.

Ashlyn was opening the drawers and putting in her clothes as Jack opened the top one.

"Woah! What in the hell are you doing?" She asked, moving her head out of the way so she wasn't going to get hit by the drawer.

"Sharing the drawers."

"Nice try Wilder, there's a wardrobe. Use that."

Jack shrugged and said "Worth a shot." He moved to the other side of the room as Ashlyn watched him, waiting until his back would be to her for the longest time before she put her box in the drawer, hiding it under her clothes.

It made her think how none knew as of yet about her past and she hoped to keep it that way.

The Five Horseman is what the group of magicians were called. Frankly it was quite catchy and linked to Greek legends.

Merritt was like a father figure to the youngest Horsemen, something she was unfamiliar to, however Ashlyn didn't mind it one bit. It was slightly comforting.

Danny's the dickhead one, however he could be funny sometimes. To Ashlyn, Daniel was the annoying older brother she had wanted from being an only child. Sometimes they would be nice and could help each other but most other times Ashlyn and Danny would argue, and it would for days. At least until Jack has to interrupt before Ashlyn swings for him.

Henley and Ashlyn were almost sisters. It was easier for those to connect as the only two girls in a group of men who did think they were slightly better than them. It was just nice to have another girl to talk to.

And then there was Jack.

To him, she was a mystery, all he tried to do was break down the walls she had so clearly built and set her free but that was almost deemed impossible. But he kept going, with his flirty comments and teasing as she was the closest to his age and it was easy to tease her. Once an eye roll or a scoff happened he would smile, knowing that he had succeeded.

But Ashlyn was not about to drop all her morals for some guy she had known for a few months, no matter how kinda attractive he was.

Snapping out of her though Ashlyn turned back to the drawers in front of her and finished unpacking her bag. Slamming the drawer closed, she looked to her left and saw Jack standing with a little smile.

"Meeting time?" She asked as he nodded. It frustrated her because she could never get a word in and was always shut down by Danny.

"It'll be fine." Jack said, coming behind her and putting his hands on her shoulders before slowly pushing her out the room and then pushed her, quiet hard into the couch to which she looked at him before going back to shove him.

(UNDER EDITING) The Devil's Death | Jack Wilderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें