Act I, Scene IX

Ashlyn was pacing, messing with her tracker bracelet that Danny made them all wear. 

And it annoyed her. 

Ashlyn walked around as the others were crowded around the computer, trying to get into Arthur's bank details. She was grunting in anger as it irritated her skin almost like some allergic reaction when someone appeared beside her.

"Hey Ash, let me." Jack said as he fixed it so it fit just rightly on her wrist. She smiled once he had finished.

"Thanks." Ashlyn replied and Jack smiled. The two shared a gentle, tender moment for a second as Jack then went to lean in for a delicate kiss before someone coughed causing Ashlyn to snap her head over towards Merritt who had his arms crossed.

The girl rolled her eyes as they stood around the computer and she turned her attention towards it.

"Well?" She asked.

"And...Done." Ashlyn smiled as Henley turned the screen off and said "So we have about 30 minutes until the show." They nodded and Merritt turned to Jack who was beside Ashlyn so she was able to hear their conversation.

"Next time you try to do that again I'm gonna shimmy my way through, just at the perfect angle so you can't see each other."

Ashlyn rolled her eyes and tapped Merritt on the chest before saying "Whatever I'm gonna head to the bathroom."

As she washed her hands the sound of running water sending her into her thoughts, Ashlyn couldn't help think about her mom. Since they stole the money in France, Ashlyn wasn't aloud any contact with her mom, which broke her heart.

She sat against the wall and imagined speaking to her, telling her all they've done and how big it was going to end up being. She let some tears fall down her face regardless of the makeup she may be ruining.

She would tell her about how much she misses her and how she can't wait to see her again. However Ashlyn believed the chances of that were very slim to which terrified her.

She stood and stared at herself in the mirror. She took a few breaths in and out before walking out of the bathroom, headed straight towards her makeup bag.

Ashlyn wiped off her makeup, taking a towel to dry it quickly before applying minimal makeup before someone sat down beside the young magician. She looked to her side and saw it was Henley smiling at her.

"What's wrong?" She asked as Ashlyn shrugged and replied "What's wrong? Nothing. Nothing at all I'm fine."

Henley rolled her eyes and said "We haven't heard one witty comment from you yet. What's up?"

"Nothing." Henley again rolled her eyes and stated "You've been crying."

Ashlyn shook her head and said "I'm okay Henley, really."

Ashlyn grabbed her water bottle, taking a swig of it before Henley asked "Do I need to send Jack over?" Ashlyn snapped her head round, putting her bottle down.

"No."

"Then tell me what's up." She said facing Ash who cracked her knuckles and sighed.