Smithsonian

I decided to take Bucky to the smithsonian exhibit after all why not? It would be the first real key thing in getting his memories back and I needed to get them back. I got dressed (picture) and walked downstairs to see Bucky making breakfast. He was standing in my kitchen shirtless in pajama pants he was using his metal arm to make eggs.

"Good morning." I said and sat down. "How did you sleep?" I asked grabbing my cup of coffee.

"uneasy things were flashing through my mind and I couldn't really fall asleep." He replied and I frowned.

"I left some clothes out for you, once you're dressed we're going on a little field trip. I'll need to cut your hair a small bit. If we want to go I've got to disguise you." 

"I realize I'm on the run Ellie. But I'll trust you because most of the things I had swimming in my mind last night? We're flashes of you." I blushed at the compliment.

"You know somethings about me then?" I asked.

"I saw those and the train." He replied.

"I remember that day. Steve had to hold me back or I would've jumped after you."

"You really loved me didn't you?"

"I still do Bucky even if you don't remember it." 

"I wish things came to me easier but they don't but I know that somehow you can help me Ellie."  

"I will. Now this looks delicious where did you learn to cook like this?" 

"I found a simple cookbook on your table. It really wasn't that hard to figure out." 

"Well I'm glad you got more use out of than I did first day I tried to use it ended throwing it at the wall." He laughed at me!

"Sounds like someone has a temper." 

"Shut up! It's not my fault! I just can't cook." I ended up laughing at myself. We finished our food talking about stuff and then I got up. " Go get dressed and then meet me back down here so I can trim this mess." I ruffled his hair a bit and he got up.

"Alright, alright." He replied and walked upstairs he came back dressed in what I grabbed and I pulled out a chair (also in picture). 

"Sit." I said and he obeyed a little too well. I only trimmed an inch and then tucked it neatly into a baseball cap slipping my beanie and sunglasses on we walked out to my car. I drove to the smithsonian and dragged Bucky in thankfully there weren't any metal detectors he would've lit them up like a christmas tree. "Come on!" I pulled him towards the Captain America Exhibit.  

"What are we doing here?" Bucky asked.

"Let me show you." I replied and showed him the section about himself.

"Friends since childhood Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers were together in the city and on the battlefield." The overhead voice said.

"Wait that's me?"He whispered not wanting to bring attention to ourselves.

"Yeah you were quite a guy, still are." I smiled suddenly his eyes widened and I saw tears form in his eyes. "Bucky are you okay?" I whispered.

"Ellie I remember seeing this stuff must've sparked something because I can remember it all. I don't know how it all appeared but I remember." He said and I kissed him.

"You don't know how happy that makes me." I said and smiled. "Do you want to stick around or go back home?" I asked.

"I think we should go back home." He whispered in my ear and I took his real hand and we walked out. We took my car back home and we just held hands and talked.

"I just can't believe you're back." I said smiling.

"I feel like I'm back. I was thinking when we get back you could cut my hair and I want to shave. I know I'm ready to see Steve again yet. He'll either arrest me but he won't accept me yet. I know he won't I almost killed him." He replied and looked sad.

"You weren't you when you did that and something clicked and you saved Steve. You got him out of the potomac. When you're ready we'll go see him but for now I'll keep you here with me." I held his hand and looked at him we'd be okay.