Memories

After I gave Bucky some jeans and a t-shirt I put on my pajamas a great gatsby sweater and these things called leggings which were really comfotrtable. I gave him a cup of coffee.

"So is there anything you want to know?" I asked suddenly my cat jumped on the table. "Bucky no!" I said My Bucky looked at me. "My cat his name's Bucky as well he was kind of named in remembrance of you." I said and he nodded just looking at the cat. "Alright wehre were we yes. Tell me what you want to know." I said drinking a sip of coffee.

"I wish I could ask everything but we'd probably be stuck here for days I don't know who I am so how about with just start with how we met." He asked and I told him the whole story of us.

"I was devastated when I saw you fall. I had lost the love of my life. The night before our mission you gave me your dog tags in case something happened to you. I understand if you want them back." I said and began to lift them from my neck.

"It's fine. I'm still blank in places but I'm glad that you'll help me Elizabeth." He replied.

"Ellie my name's Ellie."

"Alright Ellie, I can um sleep on your couch?" 

"No I have a guest room you can use." I need a shower so just make yourself at home." I said and left him in my living room. Cat Bucky crawled towards him and rubbed against his leg. He was shocked at first. "It means he likes you just stroke his fur he'll let you do it." I said and looked at him petting my baby bucky. This must've been his gentlest movement in years. 

"I think we'll be okay of you go take a shower." He replied looking at me and stroking the cat. 

"Alright holler if you need anything."  I said and walked to the bathroom in my hallway. I got into the shower and began to sing. 

I've seen the world

Done it all

Had my cake now

Diamonds, brilliant

And Bel Air now

Hot summer nights, mid July

When you and I were forever wild

The crazy days, city lights

The way you'd play with me like a child

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me

When I got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will

I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

I've seen the world, lit it up

As my stage now

Channeling angels in the new age now

Hot summer days, rock 'n' roll

The way you play for me at your show

And all the ways I got to know

Your pretty face and electric soul

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me

When I got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will

I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

Dear lord, when I get to heaven

Please let me bring my man

When he comes tell me that you'll let him in

Father tell me if you can

Oh that grace, oh that body

Oh that face makes me wanna party

He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds

Will you still love me

When I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me

When I got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will

I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?

I got dressed and saw Bucky leaning by the door. 

"You have a beautiful voice." He said.

"I don't not really." I replied.

"Why would you say that it's gorgeous." 

"Because it's the truth I'm not beautiful and I can't sing the only reason you didn't kill me when you had the chance is because your boss probably wanted to add me to the bunch." 

"don't say that about yourself Ellie your beautiful and sweet and I didn't kill you because something began to turn in my head that this wasn't right and that you and Steve were my friends. I remember how much I loved you that's about as much as I remember." I blushed at his sentiment.

"We better got to bed I've got something to show you tomorrow." I said and led him to my guest room.

"Thank you for doing this Ellie." He said.

"It's nothing."

"It's not nothing you're harboring a fugitive even if I was brainwashed at the time SHIELD whatever's left of it will be looking for me and I can't thank you enough for helping me." 

"I did this because I know you Bucky and what we had is still in there somewhere and I'm going to help you find it. Goodnight Bucky."

"Goodnight Ellie." I left shutting the door my room was down the hall. I locked my door. I trusted bucky but barely. He could revert back to his assassin mind set and I wouldn't get in the crossfire. I fell asleep. Tomorrow I would take him to the Smithsonian show him who he was.