Goodbye

We decided we were going right into HYDRA. Steve and I would ride in and turn ourselves in as a distraction for the rest of the team to get there. I was suited up in a new uniform better an improved one from the version Howard had made for our rescue of the POW's (External Link to uniform) I kept my mother's necklace on and put on Bucky's dog tags. 

"You ready?" Steve asked and I jumped on the back of the bike. 

"More than ever." I replied and we began the drive. Soldier's came towards us left and right we detained them leading us into the encampment. We fought hard and valiantly. I used my powers but then they blocked us. I looked at Steve and nodded. He dropped his shield and I stopped using my powers. We surrendered. The men led us into the base and into Schmidt's office. 

"Finally, I have waited for this day! When captain america fell. And my bride returned." Schmidt said and he put his hand to me face I spat on him. He slapped me back. "But what made this boy so special?" He asked Steve.

"Nothing I'm just a kid from Brooklyn. Steve said and we jumped. I used my ice powers on them and we began the descent. The boys of our commandos glided in. Schmidt was getting away though. 

"You know what to do! Come with me Ellie!" Steve shouted and we chased after Schmidt. He was getting onto a ship. The colonel and Peggy were driving his car and we jumped in. 

"Can we catch a ride?" I asked as we jumped in.

"Get us to the ship punch it." Steve said and as we were about to jump she kissed him. 

"I aint kissing you." Colonel phillips said to Steve and we jumped on. I saw the bombs. We needed to get in there and get Schmidt down. 

"So glad you are to join me. why do you fight for them?" He asked.

"Because the future you see is twisted and it isn't free." I replied then it happened. He grabbed the tesseract and he disentegrated. Schmidt was dead and we soon would be too.

"You know what we have to do right?" Steve asked and I nodded. He turned the radio on and said his goodbyes to Peggy I had no one to give my goodbyes to the man I loved was already dead. Then I felt it the impact of the ice. 

*70 years later*

I woke up in what looked like a recovery room. I was still wearing my locket and Bucky's tags but I was also wearing a shirt and khaki pants. Not what I was wearing when we went down. 

"Ellie come on!" Steve was there carrying me.

"Steve where are we?" I asked.

"I don't know but I'm getting us out of here." He replied and we landed in times square but it was nothing like I remembered.  We'd been asleep for seventy years. I couldn't take it.

"Fury I don't want anything to do with this right now I want peace." I said I couldn't bare this burden not the way Steve could.

"Understood elizabeth." He said and I was taken in a car back to the base. I wanted nothing to do with SHIELD. I wanted out but I knew that wouldn't happen. SHIELD bought me a house in washington it was comfy and I already decided that I would stay there. If Steve ever called on me that would be alright but for now I needed time to myself. 

(Skipping to winter Soldier because it's amazing!)