The Edge Of Glory

It was around midnight when Oscar knocked on the door. It was the weekend, so they had all tried to stay up late. Of course, this did end up in Sagittarius being sprawled across everyone snoring. Aside from her, Gemini, Pisces, Taurus, Aquarius, and Cancer we're asleep. Surprisingly, Virgo and Capricorn were nightbirds.

Anyways, it was raining out. So when Leo opened the door and saw a soaked auburn-haired boy, he immediately slammed it shut.

"Who was that?" Aries asked her boyfriend, tilting her head in confusion.

"Nothing." Leo mumbled, sitting back down next to her.

The knock came again. "Virgo, get the door." Capricorn ordered, hanging up a picture of all twelve of them in zodiac order.

"Fine." Virgo yawned and got up. He opened the door only to see Oscar. He attempted to slam it shut, but Oscar put his hand out.

"Sorry to bother, but I think we need to talk." Oscar told Virgo, letting himself in.

Virgo stood aside, shocked at what had happened. Oscar was drenched, but that wasn't what shocked him. Oscars normally green eyes were now a dull gray.

"I don't think there's anything to talk about." Scorpio growled, standing up and advancing toward Oscar. "Listen up, 'cause I'm only saying this once." Scorpio backed him into the wall as she spoke. "You've hurt one of us. You're lucky that we haven't killed you yet, so don't push it. Get the hell out of our house. Get the hell out of our business. Get the hell out of our life."

"I'm here to help." Oscar defended, putting his hands up in surrender. "Something's coming, I'm trying to save you."

"Back off, Scorpio." Aries demanded. "Virgo, get him a blanket. Capricorn, get him some tea. I wanna here this." Aries' face was an unusual stoney cold and her voice was bossier than usual.

Of course, she was their leader for a reason. She had the quality that kept order, even if everyone was crazy. She never used that voice often, only when needed. And it was needed every so often. Capricorn and Virgo nodded and ran off.

"Why are you here, Oscar?" Libra asked, gently moving Gemini aside. "Don't you think you've done enough damage?"

"You're Libra, the scales. You've always liked balance, but more than that, you've always liked Gemini." Oscar told him, studying the blonde-haired boy. "We've got that last part in common."

"You should've thought of that before breaking her heart." Libra growled, prepared to fight.

"Lay off, Libra." Aries sternly told the boy, stepping in front of him with her arm out. "Not now. Not yet."

Oscar nodded in thanks as both Capricorn and Virgo came back. Virgo carelessly threw him the blanket, but Capricorn carefully gave him the tea with only a glare. Oscar's now-gray-eyes remained emotionless as he accepted. It was clear he wasn't wanted here, but just a clear that he didn't want to be here.

"Gemini." Oscar said, sipping his tea. "Is she okay?"

"A bit broken, but Libra's helping put herself back together." Virgo glared at the boy, his green eyes showing nothing but hatred.

"So, they're dating." Oscar mumbled, a twinge of pain flashing through his eyes. "That's... Nice."

"You haven't answered us." Capricorn redirected his gaze toward her. "Why are you here?"

"My name is Oscar," He stated. "To some, I'm called Ophiuchus. The thirteenth zodiac. Although not technically apart of the group, I watch from afar. The zodiacs used to have powers, but as they were reborn, they dulled to nothing. But I was reborn much less than the rest of you. So, I still have a portion of my power. Not all that much, but just enough. I see the future. I tried to project it into some of your minds, but some of your worries messed with vision, causing it to go... haywire."

"Wait, you went inside my mind?" Libra angrily asked him.

"Sorta. I placed it in your mind, but didn't go into it." Oscar told him. "You all have remnants of your power, but not enough to actually use. Libra, your power was telepathy and moving stuff with your mind, so it was easy to get into yours. And Sag had the power to control people, so her mind was easy to plant it in as well."

"Please, enlighten us." Scorpio sarcastically asked him. "What will happen to us?"

"The mansion will be under attack. I'm not totally sure when, but soon. And I'm here to warn you." Oscar told them. "Someone's after you, and I'm not totally sure who. But this might be our final fight."

"Our?" Virgo asked, obviously angry.

"Since when were you one of us?" Capricorn crossed her arms, standing next to her best friend angrily.

"Don't you forget, that technically, I'm a zodiac too." Oscar argued. "And I'm kinda your protecter."

"Some protector you turned out to be." Scorpio grumbled.

"I know you guys probably like me. In fact, some of you hate me." Oscar glanced at Libra, Leo, and Scorpio. "But, in the end, the enemy of our enemy is our friend. Plus, you may need me. Your world is about to be turned upside down and I wanna get you out of it. So?"

"Fine." Aries agreed.

"But that doesn't explain one thing: why did you say it was for Gemini's own good that you broke up with her?" Leo growled.

"I didn't want to get too attached just in case. And I was afraid that she may find out about it before it was needed..." Oscar grumbled. "She was my second love. In all the century's I've lived, she was one of two loves I've had."

"Wait, who was the other?" Aries asked.

"Scorpio." Oscar shrugged, causing Virgo to warp an arm around her waist. "She rejected me about five times before agreeing."

"That sounds like something I might do." Scorpio agreed.

"Well, looks like something big's coming." Aries darkly told them. "But together, we'll get through this."

"And, no matter what happens, it's a zodiac world." Virgo chuckled.

"Looks like we're on the edge of glory." Capricorn smiled a weary smile.

For the rest of the night an uneasy silence hung in the air as everyone put another movie on. Capricorn leaned on Taurus, Libra cuddled Gemini, and everything seemed alright. If only it had lasted.