Chapter 7.

Last night I could barely sleep, should I practice magic? I want to, in a certain way but I'm afraid I won't be good enough or... Fail. Just as before, I'm afraid of failing but at the same time I know that if I don't do any progress we will never get out of here to the place we should go, wherever that is, and I really want to get out of here because it sucks, always eating the same, using practically the same 4 clothes that Will somehow did with his magic and being half-dirty all the time is just not something I want to keep doing.

"Look, a deer! We should hunt a deer!" I say to Richard.

"Do you know how to keep the meat from ruining? And, you can't do it."

We're hunting near the river, since last week we've been seeing more animals that before but they don't let me hunt them.

"Why not? I bet there are more deers now, one won't make the difference."

"One can make the difference, I've told you before! The balance in the nature is still fragile." So, to what he's refering is that because or fuckep-up ancestors who practicly killed almost all the animals in the world we can't kill a few others because they're still recovering. Well, fuck you ancestors.

We sit near the river, we're a bit far from the camp.

"I think I want to try with the whole magic thing but..." I trail off, I don't even know why I'm asking him this.

"But?" He asks, his hair is now so long, it even covers his eyes so he moves it with his hand.

"Could you teach me? I know, Caleb is better with magic but I actually feel like I could do it with you." My voice is full of shame.

"Me?"

"I know you're good at magic too, teach me, please, or at least let's try." His gray eyes focus on the river, I know what he's thinking, he doesn't want to teach me but the probabilites I will ask them to teach me magic again are few.

"Okay." He tells me with a sigh. "What do you know?"

"Besides setting something on fire without knowing how? Nothing." I smile and he hits the back of my head with his hand.

"Okay, let's start with the basics..." He shuts up and think, maybe about what 'the basics' could be. "Well, someone like you must not need spells, you're powerful, which is a luck because I don't know any spell." He shrugs and laugh. "So... Water." He moves his hand from the ground and do a movement as if he's turning something, water starts coming up the river, and I start feeling dizzy, I still don't get why I get dizzy but I feel like throwing up.

"S... Stop." I say, I know the color has gone from my face.

"Huh?"

"I feel bad." I bring my knees to my chest.

"I don't get it... It's not as if I'm doing some big spell or something." He sounds confused, well that makes two of us.

"I don't know either, I just... Every time something magical happens or so I start feeling like this, back when my parents lived I used to feel a bit like it too from time to time..."

"Let's try again but this time you try with me, it shouldn't really make you dizzy, magic is normal, and if you feel dizzy just fight it, okay?" He asks and I nod.

"Do I just move my hand as you were doing or...?"

"Yeah but focus on what you want to do." I nod, Caleb used to tell me this but everytime I got dizzy I gave up.

He starts and I do the same, I focus on the water and on what I want, just for it to go up. I fail and I end up feeling even worst.

"Again, focus even more, try to do it, don't think. I won't do it this time." He tells me and I nod.

I try again.

And again.

And again.

I try at least seven times and nothing happens.

"Okay, Ella. You can do it, stop trying to stop it." I'm not trying to stop anything, I just can't do it.

This time, a little bit of water goes up.

"See! I told you. Do you feel dizzy?" I nod, but I don't feel that bad, the sickness is barely there.

"Again." My smile is so big that my face hurts.

This time even more water goes up and when it goes to the river again, it splashes us.

"Oh my God!" I say laughing. "I did it."

"You did" He smiles again. "It was easy right? You can do so much more, like literally you can do any spell you want." He says.

"And how do you know that?"

"You're really powerful, it's just a spark in you that shows it. You need to try it."

We keep like this for at least an hour more, doing all type of magic, from making the leaves on a tree fall to throw fire to push Richard against a tree just with my mind.

_______________________________________

Hey :) I know this last chapters have been short but I'll try to make the next one longer, I already know what's gonna happen in that one, well I hope it goes that way haha