Chapter 3

I hate waking up in the middle of the night but I have been doing that lately, sometimes I wonder why it happens but sometimes I just think, I think about all, I remember my family and I wonder, mostly, why are we trying to find a place to live.

"I still don't get it, you know? Maybe our parents kept us away from civilization because something was wrong, I really don't get it" I say to the cave, to Will who is sleeping like a baby, I'm right at the entrance of it, right where the bushes cover the cave but right where I can see outside the cave.

"But you know what I get even less than that? The reason you're so cold with me, maybe you want to find another girl... Maybe you are with me because I'm the only girl, beside our mothers, that you've ever known" I sigh.

"It's not for you to get it... I just want us to be safe." William barely answers me, his voice hoarse from sleep. "And I do want to be with you but I'm afraid I won't concentrate enough in finding a place if I stay with you as I want to and mostly I want to find a place because apparently someone is chasing us" The cave is completely dark so I can't really know if he is still laying on the floor.

"But, I know is silly with us being in a cave, being orphans and all to ask this question but... "I sigh and shake my head, it is really silly to wonder stuff like this but I can't help it, I think that at times like this to be assured that someone wants you and cares about you help you make it through.

"Go ahead, ask what you want to know"

"From 1 to 10, how much do you love me?"

"A 20"

"20? huh?" I ask him, dissapointment is clear in my voce, I've hoped for something more, I know it was from 1-10 but still-

"Don't misunderstand me" he is now standing right beside me, seeing the outside too. "I've loved you more and I've loved you less, today I love you a 20 on a scale from 1-10 but tomorrow I might love you even more but I can't always love you the same. Sometimes you're just too annoying" he halfs laugh and I stay quiet but after a few moments I start laughing too.

"You're annoying too."

"I know, now let's go back to sleep, I want to walk even more tomorrow" He offers me his hand and I take it.

*Author's POV*

"Would you please tell me, once again, what is your plan?" Caleb asks Richard, they started walking a little before dawn, planning to find Ella and William, they were near the cave they slept two days ago.

"Just tell them" Richard shrugs, his gray eyes shinning like sapphires

"You can't just go and tell them that" Caleb explains but Richard just ignores him, he knows he wants to do good but Richard's way had never been the good way to do something.

"So what's your plan, smart-ass?"

"First, we find them" Caleb answers him  "We'll see how to do it after that."

"Hear that?" Richard asks lowering his voice and Caleb nods. They were near someone.

"They might be there" Caleb tells Richard pointing to the cave that had given them shelter two nights ago.

"You think so? You know that noise can also be them" Them They didn't even want to mention their name, it was not something they wanted to even think.

"No, I can feel it in the air" Caleb tells Richard "And you should too" Caleb tilts his head a little to his side, he normally does this while thinking.

*Ella's POV*

"We need to eat something, I'm hungry and I won't even apples for today. I'm getting tired of them" I tell Will.

"So, what do you suggest? To go puma-hunting?" He shakes his head at the idea but I'm not joking at the fact today I won't eat any apples.

"We could put traps maybe we would catch a bunny"

"And you think we'll catch a bunny the same day we put the trap?" My stomach roars asking for food.

"I don't know!" I half yell.

I start to hear a buzz so I cover my ears, I'm also feeling dizzy, this isn't the first time something like this has happened to me but I hate it, I feel so suffocated like if the air is going out of my lungs... My head starts spinning and I know I'm about to faint.

"Ella! Ella!" William's voice sounds so distant, he's shaking my shoulder and I can barely feel it, I can't even see him clearly, everything feels so distant. "Ella, what the hell? Are you okay? Can you hear me?" I want to tell him that I'm not okay but the air has gone away and I don't feel able to speak a single word or even make a single move. "Ella! I hate when this things happen to you, Ella!" I can almost feel the desesperation in this voice "Ella! What can I do? Ella!" I can't, I want to make it stop. I need to make it stop.

And suddenly everything starts coming back, my breathing is first and then my sight, it's still fuzzy but I can see Will's silhouette almost over me and I realize that I'm on the floor, my eyes move to the entrance of the cave, where two figures are kneeling.

"Are you okay?" William moves my head with his hands so that I'm seeing his face, he's oblivious of the figures in the cave and I'm not able to talk yet but I can feel that I'm being able to move a little so I point to them, his eyes move with my finger and he see them, he's standing up in matter of seconds "What the hell?" He asks, the two figures are still kneeling.

"Who are you?" William asks them and I sit. One of the two men, the small one, whispers something to the other one.

"I'm Richard and he's my friend Caleb." The other one speaks and he stands up, I can see his features now, he has olive skin, gray eyes, he's tall with dark hair and the other one has brown eyes, he is not as tall as the other one but he's still cute. "And we're here to show you, how to save everyone" and he smiles and I shake.

"I know I should have been the one talking." The other one, Caleb, says as he hit his friend with his hand "Since the moment you said about the kneeling thing I knew it."

I look to William, seeking for comfort but he looks at me, seeking for the same.