Chapter 2.

I will write this chapter not only from the main character Point Of View but also from (for now) my point of view and it'll be because that POV will be about other characters, that obviously will be new lol  :) hope you like it. I wanted to make something different.

______________________________________

*Author's POV*

As soon as Richard woke him up Caleb knew something was wrong but we couldn't quite figure why.

"I was thinking, you know" Richard was wandering in the little cave they have found near a stream to spend  the night "Maybe we lost them..." His voice was so plain that if you weren't Caleb, Richard's Best friend, you wouldn't be able to know there was something wrong.

"How can you say that?" Caleb asked him.

"We were just walking following them" he made aire quotes at the "following them" part "but we didn't see any signs that we were actually following them"

"We haven't lost them since Lea and Loui died" Richard made a kind of look like he was not agreeing with him "or dissappear, whatever, they're not with them and that's what matters. Do you think one day they could just wake up and make us lose them?"

"But... They've been acting weird. After all they don't know who we are... Maybe they thought we were the others"

"Okay, I think my Bed time is over, right?" Richard nodded "Let's go find those silly but intelligent kids" Caleb said laughing.

"Calm down, you mature adult."

*Ella's POV*

"Where should we go?" I ask Will for the hundreth time this day and maybe the thousand and one in this week. I know he just wants us to find a safe civilization but I don't think we have any civilization near us, I've never seen any.

"I don't know, Ella! Just as you I never left my home! We're just going to try and follow this map!" He moves the map in his hands.

That map was one of the things we found after my parents died, it was beneath ten books, apparently my parents knew exactly were the nearest civilizations where but for some reason they didn't want to go there.

"That's no reason to talk to me like that"  I tell him with a sigh, I'm not exactly sighing because he talked to me like that but actually because I'm sweating and my hair sticking onmy neck.

"Sorry, I just want us to find more people. We can't survive completely on our own and you know it."

"We've done it pretty well un-" I shut up when I hear a man's voice. Not like a voice from the men who we heard yesterday, this voice is way different, it inmediately gives me goosebumps and I know it's not a person who I would like to talk. I look at William who has already fold the map and put it carefully on the backpack and he has the same look I've and I know we are thinking the same. Run.

I follow him through the woods without a certain direction, just trying to lose the voice we heard but we are able to hear the man is also running and he is not by himself. We try to run faster but they run faster too, after a few minutes of running as fast as I'm able to my legs hurt and I feel like I'll fall in any time soon.

"Just a little bit more, Ella. I know where we're heading right now" Will tells me and I do my best to keep running.

After a few more minutes I finally see where he was leading me... To the stream where we took a bath yesterday, I've no idea how this'll help us.

"Here, yesterday you didn't notice but I took a walk here and I found this" He says, his voice is barely a whisper and I follow him up the stream and then he turns to the left and then we head to the north again, we try not to leave any marks we run through there but it's difficult, and then I'm barely able to see the place we're going. A cave, a little cave that is almost completely hidden by the nature.

When we enter the cave I fall to the ground, I try to steady my breath but it's almost helpless as I've been running for a long time. William tries to hide the cave a little bit more from the inside.

"I think we'll sleep here" He tells me after a long time of silence "And I don't think we'll be able to do a fire." I nod "We should eat something at least" he throws me an apple we recollect yesterday and I start eating it, after a while I notice something.

"Look" I point to the place of my objective.

"Ashes." He tells me when he sees it. "Someone was here, not so long ago" I nod "And you think... That someone will come back soon?" he tells me but it sounds more like a question and I nod again.