CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX

DEVANTE

Fluttering open my eyes, I hissed at the sudden light radiating down upon my face as I looked all around whilst sitting up as I groaned from the sore spot of me being punched in the cheek.

"Dalvin?" I inquired as I saw him asleep with his head down as the chair he was sitting in was close to the hospital bed that I am occupying at the moment.

"What the fuck happened?" I hissed as my head throbbed a little as my eyes flicker downwards to the IV's that were injected into my skin as they ran down my arm further.

"Good, you're awake" A voice says as I look up from my IV's as I noticed it was the doctor due to her wearing a white lab coat and having clipboard in tow.

She grins at me warmly as her face bare resemblance to Naomi's very own as her hair was much more calmer than her's and was in a high ponytail as her skin was the same of mine being a butterscotch tone as her eyes were big and held a mysterious vibe to them.

"I'm Doctor Cooper and you must be-" She trailed on as she flipped the papers that were stapled altogether.

"DeVante Degrate, I assume?" She inquires as I nodded my head but somehow I still couldn't get over the fact that she looked exactly like Naomi but with a lighter complexion just with a more slender and medium size stature.

Maybe this woman is a relative or maybe I was still tripping from the drugs I decided to experiment with last night before I blacked-out.

"Um, excuse me miss?" I muttered lowly as my eyes discern downwards as I started twiddling with my thumbs.

"Yes?" She asked as she checked my IV's as I looked at her, watching her every sudden move.

"If by chance do you know a Naomi Kingley?" I inquired awaiting her answer as she stopped checking my IV's and looked up at me.

"Yeah, she's my neice and may I ask young man...how do you know her by chance?" She told me.

So, that's explain why she looks exactly like herーshe is Naomi's aunt.

"Well, let's just say I have been taking a liking to herーShe gives me...butterflies" I confessed.

"Oh, that's sort of weird and funny at the same time because one time before Naomi was telling me the same thing about this boy she was head over heels in love with but now that I ask her about him, she just dusts it aside and tries to tell me about this Domestic nigga, like who in their right mind names their child, Domestic?" She rambled on.

Yeah, she is definitely related to Naomi due to the talkative nature.

"Domestic? Do you by chance mean Dominic?" I asked at her sudden insult and the mispronunciation of Dominic's name.