CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

DEVANTE

It has been over a few weeks since I decided to kiss Naomi, forcibly as the image of her eyes being in deep despair due to her being shocked and angered over me planting my lips upon her pink soft ones was now painted inside my mind.

"De, come on and bring the cart around!" Dalvin yelled as he was running through the cereal aisle of Walmart as I pushed the cart, lazily-not even caring.

I soon swerved left as I came in contact of the cereal aisle as Dalvin had three cereal boxes in his arms as he came towards me with them as he dumped them all in.

"Are you sure all this is necessary? You know you have a problem with eating a lot of sugar, I don't want to have a repeat of last year when I had to get you off the top of the roof from your sugar frenzy and then clean you up because you threw up everywhere in the house" I reminded him.

"De, did anybody ask you..." He dragged on as he pointed his finger at my face as I shurgged my shoulders.

"Exactly, that's what I thought!" Dalvin yelled at me as he threw all the boxes of sugary induced cereal into the cart as I leaned on it.

"You need to calm down" I spoke as Dalvin cut his eyes at me as I noticed he was kind of jittery as a half eaten candy bar dropped from his coat pocket.

"Muthafucka, you calm down!" Dalvin hissed at me like a cat as he soon darts off like he was attending a marathon down the store as I cussed under my breath as I ran behind him leaving the cart behind.

"Damnit Dalvin, why the fuck did you have to go and ran off" I mutterd under my breath as I tried my best to find him as I looked and searched everywhere for him so that he wouldn't get into any trouble due to him being hyper from all that sugar going through his system making him ten times worse and even harder to deal with compared to his normal state.

"Dalvin!" I yelled through some of the aisles as I jogged up them trying to find my little brother but I received no response at all.

I soon looked back as I noticed a figure running and some loud ass laughter as I turned on my heels really quick as I ran and soon tackled the person to the floor hoping it was Dalvin.

Hearing a person groan, I soon looked down and saw K-Ci who had a red slushie spilled on him from me tackling him on the floor thinking he was Dalvin.

"I-I'm sorry K" I apologized as he glared at me but his face soon held no emotion as I got up from on top of him as I reached out my hand for him to grab but he shook his head 'no' in refusal of my kind gesture.

"Damn DeVante, ruining a nigga slushie and shit" K-Ci grimaced at his now sticky clothes as the red slushie was all over him as he looked back up at me, confused.

"Where's Dalvin?" He asked me.

"I don't know where he is at in all honesty, K" I told him.

"Oh damn, I paged him earlier to see if he wanna play some ball but he never paged me back and shit so there's that..." K-Ci awkwardly says as he turns his cap backwards and soon was about to walk off until I cleared my thoart, loudly as he turned around and looked at me.

"Look K, I just wanna say-I'm sorry about all the shit that happened between you and me. And to say that you were right-I do have feelings for Naomi and I indeed fucked up any chances I could've possibly had with her, look I attacked you because I was envious of you and her friendship that emulated a great bond that can even resonate into a relationship if the both of you were up to it, but what I'm trying to say is that I am sorry that I thought you betrayed me, can we be friends again?" I explained as
K-Ci just glance at me and soon turned his head away from me.

"Is my middle name Renard?" K-Ci asked as I scrunched up my face at his rhetorical question that he just ask me.

"And it rhymes with retard, then yes-your middle name is Renard" I joked as K-Ci snapped his head towards me following by him rolling his eyes as he walked up to me some more as we soon engulfed each other into a hug as we soon heard some clapping as we soon disperse from the hug as we saw Dalvin clapping as he chumped on a bag of candy corn.

"My plan worked out after all" Dalvin said as K-Ci and I looked at each other confused as we soon looked at Dalvin.

"Nigga, what?" K-Ci inquired to him as he arched his right eyebrow up at him.

"I said my pl-m-" Dalvin soon got knocked down by a bunch of little kids that came out of nowhere as they jumped on him.

"Get him!" The little kids screamed out as they jumped Dalvin as K-Ci and I just watched with bland expressions upon one another's faces.

"Ahhh-the little munchkins are attacking me!" Dalvin screeches out as the toddlers sat on him as a little girl suddenly put a big bow in this hair as her identical twin put his small curls into a rubberband as they soon got of him as he got up.

"Did they bruise me up bad?" Dalvin asked K-Ci and I as we glanced at eachother and soon busted out laughing.

"I love your new hairstyle, Dalvina-fierce gurl!" K-Ci snapped his fingers at Dalvin as he did a little twirl as Dalvin soon pushed him down on the floor.

"Shut up De, it's not funny!" Dalvin shrieks as I continued to laugh at him being all dolled up by a bunch of toddlers but not only that-getting jumped by them too.

"Vogue Dalvina, you got the look girl like Prince said, work darling-work!" K-Ci soon got up and started to Vogue and came towards Dalvin doing it.

I laughed and continued to laugh as tears streamed down my cheeks and my stomach started to ache at my brother and how I was now happy that I got my best friend back.

____________________
WHAT Y'ALL THINK
ABOUT THIS CHAPTER?

DEVANTE?

DALVIN?

K-CI?

DEVANTE AND K-CI
BEING FRIENDS AGAIN?