Chapter Four

Kendall Vertes

"Kalani just because they're the hottest guys in school, doesn't give them a free pass to annoy the living hell out of me!" I exclaim, tapping my fingers to the beat of the faint music on the table.

"Kendall! Hell yes it does! Do you know what this means? We are moving up the popularity charts on our first day!" She squeals.

"Kalani high-school isn't all about popularity." I shrug, but then who am I kidding? Popularity is everything in high-school.

"Kendall are you feeling okay, because you sound ridiculous right now!" She grins.

"I know now that I said that I take it back- but still Kalani we can't worry about that I mean high-school is an adventure we got to live it up!" I smirk.

I cross my legs underneath the clean tables of this restaurant. Kalani and I thought we should 'Meet Up' and get to know each-other better, so we met up at a Starbucks + Pizza place collaboration restaurant. Surprisingly It's a great combination, you can't beat a nice vanilla iced coffee and slice of New York styled pizza.

"We can live it up in the priority lane with boys!" She exclaims, running a hand through her chocolate brown hair. Her red coated lips form a sly smile, while she sips from her medium java chip frappe.

"Kalani, can we talk about something else. Boy's are just a tiring subject." I groan.

"No Kendall, we have to come up with a plan to yah know rise to the top!" She squeals.

"Kalani, I'm not going to yah know come up with that cliché plan where we take down the popular girls and turn into complete sluts!" I shrug.

"I'm not implying that Kendall. But I think we should atleast try to yah know grab they're attention." She smirks.

"Okay so what are you implying?" I ask.

"Well... maybe we could join the soccer team. Cause yah know they're soccer jocks and both varsity teams travel together and practice on the same field so that would help." She smiles.

"I was already going to do that you blonde! Anyways we need something else if we intend on beating out the #1 sluts in highschool!" I say, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Well we could get they're attention. I mean from what I saw, you seem kinda feisty so we could try to grab they're attention with those smart comebacks of yours." She smirks.

"I like the idea. But we need more, I mean think..."

"I GOT IT!" She squeals.

"What?"

"Well Paige Hyland is dating Chase Holliman, and Chase is Ciara's brother so if we can get Chase yeah know on our side we can kill two birds with one stone!" She grins.

"I like your ideas Hilliker." I smirk, biting my lip.

"Okay tomorrow wear something pretty but not yeah know like slutty." She smirks.

"You got it girl! Okay well I gotta go, Mom's calling." I shrug, grabbing my jacket.

"Okay Kendall, see you tomorrow." She pipes.

"Bye K."

+++ The next morning...

I applied the last stroke of eyeliner making my blue eyes pop.

I stood in front of the lengthy mirror in the corner of my room, looking at my appearance. The gray V-neck hugged my curves just right, but my favorite part about it was the red spider man logo on the front. My legs were covered mid-thigh by a dark wash American Eagle jean skirt, which looked nice paired with my red vans.

My hair layed in soft wavy curls separated evenly across my shoulders. While the last finishing touch of makeup looked stellar against my face.

I felt good this morning, which was different. I can't believe it's only my second day of school and I'm already getting into my devious ways.

I trot downstairs, and sling my backpack on my back. I flash a smile in my mom's way and yell "Love you" while walking through the door.

I wait un-patiently outside, the breeze making my hair swirl in a tornado in every which way. I use my hands and try to flatten down my hair but it just ends up going back into large swirls into the air.

The bus comes around the corner in my 2 minute wait, and I walk up the rusty metal stairs.

I look around, noticing some familiar faces from numerous people in the hallways. No open seats just great. I end up sitting with one of the kids who were with Chase yesterday, I think his name was Nick.

He moves his skateboard onto his lap and I slide in silently. He takes out one of his earbuds, and flashes me a devious smirk.

"Kendall right?"

"Yeah Nick?" I ask.

"Yup wow, you catch on fast." He grins, running a hand through his light brown hair.

"Yeah that happens when you have to transfer schools."

"Yeah must be hard, but eh- I mean now your in a school full of sex gods what more can you ask for?" He smirks. Why do I have to be in these little encounters with the soccer jocks?

"Wow your as cocky and arrogant as the others."

"Not exactly." He shrugs.

"And why should I believe that?" I ask with a grin.

"Because I mean look at me do I look anything like those guys. They're just like my brothers, and remember brothers can be COMPLETLY different." He exclaims.

My eyes wonder over him. His light brown hair is fluffy, and a navy blue beanie sits on his head. His arms fit nicely in his black tee shirt that says 'Life on the Road' with the Harley Davison sign, and his legs sit freely in dark wash jeans.

"Yeah I guess so." I shrug.

"Trust me I'm not like them who sleep in bed with a different girl each night even though they have girlfriends. I'm the so called 'prankster' of the group." He smirks.

"Well then we'll bond nicely." I smirk.

"I hope so." He grins.

I look sharply into his brown eyes, and bite my lip slightly. Maybe this guy can help me get closer to Mr. Holliman....

+++

I ended up slightly chatting with Nick, and he turns out not to be so bad after all. He's kinda the typical bad ass of the group who rides a motorcycle, and constantly has a skateboard with him everywhere he goes kinda guy.

He told me about him and the guys being the varsity top shots in soccer, so I kinda told him that I'm not that bad myself. So being the boy he is, he challenged me to a one on one game I'll take em-.

I walked into school with a slight grin on my face, feeling quite accomplished for it only being 7:30 In the morning.

Time to appease Mr. Holliman....

+++

Authors Note: Hellooooo:)

<<< Side image: Nick Griffen played by the one and only amazing spider man actor Andrew Garfield

➳ Sky