Chapter Thirty Two

Kendall Vertes

My eyes flutter open, at the sunlight and I squint. Yawning, I cover my mouth and look around. My mind is discombobulated right now, and I look around.

Chase lays against the back of the water tower, next to me. His arm is wrapped firmly around my waist, and his eyes are still shut.

What the hell.

Did I seriously fall asleep next to him?

How long did we sit there last night?

I squirm out of Chases grip and stand up quickly. White dots blur my eyes and I run my fists against them, making them disappear.

Chase then groans huskily, and stretches his arms above his head. He squints in the sunlight and looks at me.

"What the fu-"

"Chase what the hell, how did we fall asleep?! It's Tuesday, we have school. I can't miss, my mom will kill me. She thought I was coming home last night. Oh my gosh she's probably flipping out!" I yell, throwing my face into my hands frustratingly.

"Kendall calm down, its only like..." he rambles looking at his phone.

"It's only like what Chase?" I snap, wiping the stray hairs away from my face.

"Um- like 10:30," he mumbles.

I curse underneath my breathe, and search my pocket for my phone.

10 New Messages:

6: Madré💜
2: Kalanii🌻💚
1: Vince💀
1: Ross💕

Oh shit...

+++

After responding multiple times too all of the demanding texts, Chase and I made our way down the water tower.

Both of us are looking pretty rough right now if I do admit. I mean both of our eyes are bloodshot, our hair is completely out of order and both of us are thinking & speaking rather groggily.

By the time we reach the bottom it's almost 10:45, which means the lunch bell should be ringing any second.

We scramble over to his car, in ultimate silence.

Opening the door, I place myself in the seat. I flatten out my wrinkled shirt, and pull down the mirror to fix my hair.

"I'm starving, wanna grab a bite to eat?" Asks Chase nonchalantly.

"Are you serious right now?" I grunt, turning to him and sending him a glare. He looks at me with innocent eyes, and shrugs.

"What can I say, I'm starving." He groans, turning the key in the ignition.

"Chase do you not realize, that we fell asleep last night up there. I mean seriously, I have things to do. That wasn't suppose to happen, and we both know it," I retort.

He looks at me, a blank expression settled on his face. "I get that we fell asleep, but now the school day is half way over. We should just skip," He shrugs. I roll my eyes, and puff out angered air.

"We're not skipping God dammit Chase! Do you not realize how freaking frustrated I am?!" I yell, slamming my hands on the dash board.

His body jumps, and he looks at me almost hurt. I place my elbows on the dashboard and hang my head. I take deep breathes, and tone down my anger.

"I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated. Can we just go," I snap. I rest my head on the cold glass, and cradle my hands in my lap.

"You don't have to get so frustrated," he mumbles. I turn to him, and he roll his eyes in annoyance. His he serious right now?