Chapter Nineteen

Kendall Vertes

It's been one grueling week sense the jump. Let me explain.

I've had 3 games sense my first, and 3 consecutive wins. Being undefeated feels nice, but it's lots of hard work. I mean you only win if you try right?

I haven't seen much of anyone sense Hooters because of soccer, homework and prep for homecoming. With Rosalie and Gracie being on Student Council, and Kalani as the Vice President of the grade- there hasn't been much show of them at all. But we all decided to go Homecoming dress shopping tonight which should be a blast.

And as for Chase and the rest of the
guys, we'll I've had my small encounters with them but nothing extreme.
Which sucks for all of us.
I miss them a lot, and I realized that it's just going to stay this way until the sports season ends and were past halloween.

I hope so.

+++

My fingers tap lightly against the desk, as we wait for the teacher to dismiss us. A class full of lectures is definitely not fun.

Then on que, the bell rings and the class barges out the door in relief.

Finally lunch.

+++

The last period bell rings, and I walk out to the parking lot to catch a ride with Gracie.
I shift my calculus books from my left to my right hand, and saunter quickly down the stairs out the back door to the field.

Then my phone buzzes.

From Gracie: sorry K held up w/ a teacher rn. can u catch a ride with someone else?:(

To Gracie: awe poop, yea sure. thx 4 the heads up I'll see u lates. 6 Kalani's
right¿?

From Gracie: Yup see u there:D

To Gracie: okay girl!!!

I slide my phone into my back pocket and groan in frustration. The bus has already left, now who's gonna give me a ride home?!
I walk the sidewalk along the soccer field, to see the guys huddled in the middle without their practice stuff on. They're all just huddled up in they're school clothes- that's weird. Maybe they're just having a team meeting.
I make my way farther down the sidewalk until I get to the grueling stairs up to the parking lot. Groaning, I trudge my way up them until I get to the parking lot.

Finally. But now who do I get a ride from?

I take a seat on the stairs and sit there until the guys meeting ends. Maybe Chase or Vince can give me a ride.

+++

After waiting close to 20 minutes they finally break, and all come jogging up the stairs to the parking lot.

I stop Chase and Vince. They smile at me, Damn they're smiles never get old.

"Princess long time no see," Smirks Vince raveling me into a bone crushing hug.
I squirm under his grip, & Chase just laughs.

"Alright Vince, don't crush her. So watcha doing alone baby doll?" He smirks, laughing as Vince releases me.

"About to ask you for a ride?" I smile, biting my lip playfully knowing Chase will give in.

"Damn that bite, just made me say yes. Let's go Baby doll," He grins.

"Baby doll? That's a new one..." I mutter following behind them.

"Only for you princess," Grins Vince approaching Chases car.

"Yo Chase you got your car back?!" Vince squeals, running to the passengers side.