"I dunno. It tastes gross. Why is yours blue?" Zoe pointed to my dinner.

"Because I've always eaten blue food, ask grandma why the next time you see her." I smiled, thinking of my mom.

"Can I try?" Zoe stood up.

"Sure, here." I gave her a spoonful of my blue meat loaf.

She chewed and swallowed it, thinking about whether or not liked it. "One more please." She opened her mouth. I fed it to her again, her eyes widened, "mmm. Yummy."

"Zoe, if I gave you blue meatloaf would you eat it all?" I asked her, I was having a breakthrough.

"Yes." Zoe's eyes sparkled.

"Ok let me get some." I grabbed her plate and cut a piece of the blue meatloaf and set it down in front of Zoe.

She wolfed it down, "thanks daddy."

"You're welcome, I guess you like blue food just like me." I chuckled. The kids laughed with me around the table.

"Yeah, I'm gonna be just like you, daddy!" Zoe exclaimed.

"That's great sweetie." I grinned at her. The other kids and I all began talking and laughing. I asked Luke and Zoe about school. Soon enough, we had all finished our dinner. I sent the kids outside to play while I was dancing with Taylor in the kitchen as I was doing the dishes. I spun around and Taylor gave me a big grin, her soft blonde hair caught all the light and her grey eyes twinkled in amusement.

I turned around again to see Annabeth leaned against one of the sides of the arch that led into the kitchen. "Hey wise girl. Calmed down a bit?" I gave her a smirk.

She rolled her eyes but couldn't resist a smile, "I think so, did everyone eat dinner?"
Annabeth asked, eyeing the table with her lone plate still sitting there.

"Yep I got Zoe to eat her meatloaf, all of it!" I beamed with pride.

"What?! How!" Annabeth gasped.

"Let's just say double the blue food intake." I laughed.

Annabeth smacked her face with her hand, "Percy, I thought we agreed that we would not let our kids eat blue food. I already have one weirdo, I don't need anymore."

"Hey, the goal was to get her to eat meatloaf, and I did. You had to know that one of our kids would eat blue food." I told her with a mellow tone in my voice.

"I guess so, but...I...I don't know." Annabeth sniffled.

I put my dishes down and set Taylor on the floor, I took Annabeth's hands in mine. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"How do you do it?" Annabeth coughed.

"Do what?" I squeezed her hands.

"Do that with Zoe? How does she always listen to you? Why does she always want you to take her to preschool or anywhere? You can get her to do anything you want her to and I have no control over her. What did you do to get her like that?" Annabeth asked her voice was shaking, she leaned into my chest and began to cry.

I stroked her hair and pulled her closer, "Annabeth it's ok."

"No it's not. I want Zoe to respect and listen to me like she does with you. Percy, she didn't cry on the first day of preschool. She pulled away from our hug, what did I do wrong with her?"

"You haven't done anything wrong Annabeth. You've been the perfect mother to Zoe and the rest of our kids. She's just more independent and not as lovey dovey as the others. And that's great, that's what makes her unique. Remember when the empousa attacked her? They said she was going to be different from the others. I hate to say it but they were right, she's always going to be a little different from everyone else. But that makes her special. Don't worry about it, with time, you and her will closer on a different level than the rest of our kids. Keep doing what you're doing, she, Luke, Charlie, Silena, and Taylor will all turn out perfect." I said, stroking her soft, lemon scented blonde hair.

"You think so?" Annabeth sniffled, her grey eyes glazed with tears met mine.

"I know so, she's a lot like you Annabeth. She's going to be the toughest out of our kids, but she gets that from you, remember from when we were younger? You never told anyone what was going on, you covered it up by acting tough. Zoe is going to be just like that, and that's good. Because that is one of many reasons why I love you." I brushed a tear away from her cheek with my thumb.

"Thanks Percy, that helps a lot. But I'm not to thrilled about making more blue food." Annabeth suffered a laugh. I kissed her, her lips were soft and wet against mine. I pulled away, Annabeth slowly opened her eyes and smiled at me. I laced my hand in hers and she rested her head on my shoulder. "Percy. Where's Taylor?" Annabeth asked.

"Uh." I looked around, I saw her by the glass door that led to the backyard where all the kids were running around. "By the door. I think Taylor wants to play."

Annabeth stepped away and picked her up. "Oh my goodness you've gotten heavy."
Annabeth wheezed, I laughed at her comment.

Annabeth walked back into the kitchen and grabbed my hand. I looked at Taylor, I had never realized how much she looked like her mother. I was pretty sure we hadn't cloned Annabeth, they had the same eyes, same hair, same facial features. "What are you staring at seaweed brain?"

"Our daughter, she looks exactly like you."

Annabeth glanced down at Taylor who rested her head on Annabeth's shoulder and yawned. "Yeah, you're right." Annabeth kissed her head.

The three of us stood there in the kitchen, just staring out the window. Watching our kids play in the yard, we didn't say a word, but it was ok. The warm atmosphere in the kitchen was all Annabeth and I needed while our loud, noisy kids ran all over the yard until the stars began to twinkle overhead in the ink black sky.