Part 2: Confessions

Zayn's POV

"Well... I was thinking.. um...", I began.

I worried about what she was going to say. Maybe she felt the same way. Maybe she'll laugh or something.

Why was this so hard?

I've never actually said this to a girl before, and I'm freaking out.

'Just say it Zayn... YOU CAN DO IT', I thought to myself.

Yeah... I can do this.

I took one last deep breath.

"So, um, we have been friends for a while now and-"

"You hate me?", she interrupted, with a panicked look on her face.

"No it's not that! I was just gonna say that I... um...", I spoke but I didn't know what to say.

Okay.... I'll just say it really quickly.

"I like you, do you like me back?", I closed my eyes tightly.

Then there was silence.

I opened my eyes and saw her smiling.

"Of course I do!"

"I meant like... I have a crush on you.... You did know that right?"

"Yeah...", she took my hand and held it in hers. "You know what Zayn? I don't like you...", she started.

My face fell completely.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but..... I love you.", Melissa stared deep into my eyes.

I leaned in closer and closer until...

Our lips touched.

Once she pulled away, she had a weird look on her face.

"Zayn? Zaaayyynnn?!", she started shaking me.

What the hell was going on?

"WAAKKEEE UUPPP!", she shouted.

I opened my eyelids realizing that I had just slept in detention.

Melissa stood beside me with her hands on my shoulders.

"Zayn! Okay good your awake... We all got let out early but you were sleeping and... yeah."

 I stretched my arms out and yawned.

"Let's go! We were supposed to leave five minutes ago.", she laughed and grabbed my hand and we ran out.

Melissa's POV

"Wanna come over to my house?" I offered as we walked out of the gate.

"Sure! I'll just text my sister to tell her though.", he said pulling out his phone.

We walked up to my room and our eyes both instanly looked over to the abondoned project lying on the floor.

"You better bring that in tomorrow!"

"Don't worry! I will!", I said in a high pitched voice.

So I've um.... been meaning to tell you something...", Zayn whispered quietly.

Whatever it was, it seemed like a huge secret to him.

"I... um....", he began.

"Just say it Zayn!", I encouraged him.

"I was thinking......", he thought about it for a while. "the.. um.. football team has two spots available. Think I should try out for it?"

It seemed like he was about to say something, then he completely changed his mind and mentioned football instead.

I blinked and said "Oh yeah! Seems like a great opportunity for you! I've never actually seen you play but I think you'll get in!"

At that moment I heard my mum's car pull up outside on the drive way.

"Does she know I'm here? Would she care?", Zayn panicked.

"It's okay Zayn! She doesn't mind you being here.",

"Hey!", she said happily. My mum looked over to Zayn and smiled "Hi Zayn!"

"Um.. Is it okay if you can drop Zayn off at his house?", I asked nicely.

What if she said no? He would have to walk so far or something like that.

"Oh, yeah it's fine! We're going out for dinner anyway and we can just drop him off on the way."

"See ya tomorrow!", I called out through the open window of the car.

"Don't forget the project this time!", he shouted back.

I laughed as we drove off.

"What's that about forgetting your project?", my mum asked suspiciously.

"Huh? Oh right... Well... um..."

"Melissa. What did you do this time?", she frowned.

"I was running late this morning and then you said I was meeting Harry and I was in a rush and I forgot about our assignment."

"Aaand?", she said expecting me to say more.

"We both got in trouble and we had detention after school."

She let out a big disappointed sigh.

"Am I grounded?"

"This will only happen once okay? I am giving you a warning and next time it happens you will be grounded!"

My mum never actually grounds me. She gives me heaps of warnings and stuff that I never get into any serious trouble.

We arrived at a fancy looking restaurant called 'The Ruby Starr', and yup, it has two R's in the word star.

"Why are we here?", I asked as we walked towards the entrance.

"We are having dinner with our new neighbours!", she smiled.

Again?!

"Melissa, I want you to make friends with Harry, you know, make him feel more comfortable around here, show him around school and the town until he makes his own friends."

"Don't worry! He's got me, Zayn and Niall!", I reassured her.

We both walked in to find Harry and his family already sitting around a well prepared table.

I sat on the seat next to Harry.

"Hey", he said smiling.

"Hi! How was your first day at school?"

"Pretty good! Turns out that I'm in most of Niall's classes so I'm alright with that."

The rest of the night went by so fast and I had a great time with Harry just talking and stuff.

A/N: I gotta admit this wasn't a very good chapter.. and it was preeettyyyy sshhoorrrttt.

So yeah I probably will still stick to the 15+ reads and 1+ votes thing.  

Remember to vote and comment if you liked it :)