Part 1: Detention.

A/N: So I was thinking maybe I should just upload every chapter straight after I finish it..

Good idea or bad? Because I don't actually know if anyone likes this story or not..

Melissa's POV

"I'm so so so so so sorry Zayn!"

"It's okay Melissa! I already told you, it's fine with me."

"No it isn't.", I argued back.

"You aren't giving up are you?"

"Nope.", I smiled as we walked inside the main block.

Our school is divided into three different blocks.

A Block (main block)- Maths, English, Art, Music, Geography, Languages, Health etc.

B Block - Science subjects, Computer stuff, Textiles, Workshop etc.

C Block - PE, Auditorium, Drama theatre, Detention room etc.

Zayn had English whenever I had Maths, and his class was just down a few rooms from mine.

Niall went with Harry to get his new timetable and show him to his first class because his teacher for first period was usually late anyway.

I entered maths realizing I actually wasn't late this time.

As I took my seat, I looked up at the board and it had the word 'ALGEBRA' written in huge letters.

I was useless at algebra!

Simplify 7y + 3p - 2l + 6x - 14p + l + 5y - 9y  = ?

Yes, it is easy for smart people, but I'm just one of those people who will never understand it.

I got ready for one of the worst lessons that I was ever going to be in.

In Biology, I still sat in the same spot as usual because Miss Phillips wouldn't let me swap seats.

"Please hand in your homework.", she announced to everyone.

I gave Zayn another apologetic look and stood up to tell the teacher that I forgot our project.

"You knew it was due in today!"

"Yes, but I was in such a rush that I seemed to have accidentally forgotten it."

"Detention for both of you.", she said sternly

"What?! No, Miss, don't drag Zayn into this! It was my fault, give me, like, double the time in detention or something. Just PLEASE do not give Zayn detention.", I pleaded.

Zayn was now standing behind me and said "No, it's okay! I'm fine with it."

Fine? With having detention?

I opened my mouth to argue but Miss Phillips was already writing on the detention slip.

I dragged Zayn to the side and whispered quietly.

"Are you nuts?! Why would you want to have detention for?"

"Hey, we were doing this project together! Whatever happens to you because of it, happens to me too."

"But you didn't have to do that! You do know detention is after school, you're going to miss your bus."

"I know.", he whispered as he took the piece of paper and walked back to his seat.

I did the same and walked to my own seat.

Whatever he just did, it was not my fault. It was his choice and I did not drag him into it.

*Detention 3:30*

School finished fifteen minutes ago so that means we have fifteen more minutes of detention left.

I stared up at the clock as it ticked by slowly.

My mum would have a spazz at me when I come home late.

Soon the fifteen minutes passed and we were let out.

"How are you getting home?", I asked Zayn as we walked to the front gate. C Block was at the back of the school and the quickest way out was the front entrance/exit.

"I guess I'll just walk or something..."

Usually whenever we walked home, Zayn would turn right and I would turn left to go home but instead he started walking with me.

"What are you doing?", I asked kind of surprised. 

"I'm walking you home!", he smiled.

"You don't have to do this Zayn. Your house is already far enough!"

"I know."

We talked for a while until we reached my house.

"Oh. No one's home... Do you wanna stay or anything?", I asked nicely. He's done so much for me, so why not do something for him.

"If you want me to, then I guess a few minutes wont hurt."

I grabbed some food and walked outside to the backyard.

We sat on the grass and did some homework and helped each other with it.

Me and Zayn just started running around throwing food at each other and just chilling out.

"Hey... Well, um, there's something I've been meaning to tell you.", Zayn said, avoiding my eyes.

I walked to the bench and sat down.

He did the same.

"So what were you going to tell me?", I asked curiously.

He took a deep breath in.

A/N: Sorry for the really short chapter! It's only because this is part 1 out of 2 and the next chapter will be a bit short as well. Once this gets 10 reads, I will upload the next part.

Remember to vote/comment and spread the word about this story if you like it (only if you want to).

Thanks for reading :)   xx