alternate ending.

I was back into the real world, smiling at the memory. It seemed to be the only memory I wanted to see before I greet death. I looked at the moon one more time, the waterfall filling the silence.I began to close my eyes, meeting with a door. I seemed well and healthy enough to walk to it before I left the mortal body I was once in. I was on the other side.

Third Person POV

Elizabeth came back to the spot where she said goodbye to her sister with the Mikaelsons, the Salvatores, and anyone else that her sister knew. They all looked at her limb body, tears brimming in the girls' eyes and some of the men. Rebekah walked forward, finding the note that was left for them. The back of it said, 'The Mikaelsons' in cursive. She took the note and unfolded it with care. She began to read it out loud.

"Dear Mikaelsons,

Before I get into all that sedimental crap, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I didn't give you the chance to say goodbye. I just couldn't. It's hard enough for me to write this as it might be for you reading it but I want to tell you that I'm okay. I died a mortal but at the hands of the supernatural. I am now on the other side, probably watching over you. So I have decided to say goodbye to all of you separately.

Rebekah, you are one of the best friends that I have made on this Earth and even though you didn't get the homecoming you deserved, just know that it wasn't even that fun. But I wanted to tell you that you will find love soon. I'm sure of it. And who knows, maybe you'll see me soon.

Klaus. I'm not sure what to say about you. Other than you a complete ass. Other than that, you are caring and even if you don't want to admit it, your a lover. I know that. I know you love your family so don't dagger them. And tell them you love them once in a while. Okay?

Elijah, the noble one. Don't let what your mother said about you get to you. We have all done sinful stuff. Your not the only one. So don't let it get to you alright? And if Klaus tries daggering you again, just remind him I'm watching over you guys so if I ever come back, I'll dagger him myself.

And Kol. Sweet and manipulative Kol. As much of a lunatic, you tend to be, you are good. That may be one of the many reasons I fell for you. Just because I'm gone, doesn't mean I'm going away. I'm still here. I want you to be happy, have fun. Don't let my death stop you from finding someone that will look past that wild exterior. Just know that I love you and it's the reason why I love that I couldn't say goodbye to you in person.

Always and Forever, Eleanor.

Soon after the reading of the letters, everyone fled the scene except the Mikaelsons. Klaus and Elijah gathered up Eleanor and took her to her tomb hidden deep. They placed her in the vacant coffin that her mother never placed her in. They shut closed before leaving, closing the gate and locking it shut. Kol looked at the tomb one last time before leaving with his family.

~ ~ ~

Promises were made but nothing could bring back Eleanor. No spell or ritual could resurrect the love of Kol's life. Eventually, they stopped trying. Years and years of searching, they finally gave up and moved on. Kol went on to win the heart of a young witch in New Orleans named Davina. Rebekah still longed to find the love of her life. Klaus went on to becoming a father to a young child named Hope who's mother happened to be Hayley Marshell who found love in Elijah.

Elena, Caroline and Bonnie graduated high school with all their friends with Eleanor not far from their thoughts. A lot of other crazy things happened to the gang in Mystic Falls but nothing could break them down. And as for Eleanor, as dead as she may be, she is still alive in the hearts of her friends....correction, her family. She even met with Alex, her first love, on the other side and they planned to spend eternity together since that was all they had now.

~ ~ ~

So I know that this is late but it needed to be written. I'm just going to say this as it is, recently I discovered that I no longer have the inspiration to continue writing the second book to this series so I made this AU so I can let my oc die in peace without a resurrection. I really am sorry. I did, however, made a new account for wattpad. That is where all my new books and stuff will be posted. I needed a fresh start and this was just the beginning. Now that I have a new profile, I have a new mindset in my writing and I'm ready to get back into the game! And don't worry, I will still use this account but for writing, I will use the account below. Thank you so much for all the support that you guys have given me and I hope to repay you all soon!

new account: newtmeg