07//Sending A Message

Eleanor

"Do I have to?" I ask as we walk up to the Salvatore boarding house. Klaus stopped and sent me a stern look. We both speed into the room and we stand behind Damon as he poured himself a glass of scotch. I could tell that he sensed us because his head turned around to make eye contact with both of us.

"I think it's about time we had a drink, don't you?" Klaus says, sending him a smirk.

"I'd say we're overdue," Damon says, turning to me.

"Well, you've been so busy, what with all your plotting and scheming."

"You know me... Never miss a chance to plan an epic failure."

"Don't be so hard on yourself. Who could have guessed your own brother would betray you?" I say.

"Well, I did have a front row seat when his sister lied to him," He says, turning to Klaus.

"Yeah, well, she's fickle, that one. And you say you have no idea of her whereabouts?" Klaus says.

"That's the thing with younger siblings. You just... never know what they're going to do." Damon says, referring to Stefan. He takes a sip of his drink and smiles. "Drink?"

 "Drink?"

~~~

Damon passes a glass of scotch to both me and Klaus. I immediately take a sip of it, letting the substance burn its way down my throat. "Cheers, mate," Klaus says, raising his glass to take a sip of the substance as well.

"Down the hatch," Damon says.

"You know, we've actually got a lot in common, you and I." They began conversating so I decided to take a seat on one of the chairs in the room we were currently drinking in.

"Really? Well, yeah. Maybe we can... Bond over our mutual loathing of my brother." Damon takes a sip of his drink as do I. " Why are you so mad at him? He stole something?"

"My family. The originals. I had them daggered, boxed up, awaiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And he went in and pinched the bloody lot." I never really notice how attractive it is when Klaus is angry. Wait...did I just think that?