13//Sweet Surprise

13//Sweet Surprise

Eleanor

We all talked and ate until Damon got a text. I looked over at him and he nodded his head. He passed me the phone from under the table and I read the text. Apparently she needs more time on the coffin. I gave him his phone back and stood up. "I'm going to the bathroom if you'll excuse me."

"Wait on there, love." He looks up at me. "Elijah was just about to speak." I sat down and looked towards Elijah.

"So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?" He speaks.

"That's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back, in exchange, he and the Original extended family leave Mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan, and Elena live happily ever after. No grudges." Damon suggests.

"The deal sounds fair, Klaus." I say.

"I don't think you understand, Elena's doppelgänger blood insures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind." He says, standing up and pacing the room. "Let's say I do leave her here, under your protection, what then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worse, how long before she dies caught between your feuding? You see, each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her, and that is simply a delusion. Gentlemen, the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is... the two of you."

Damon stands up and so do I. "I need to get some air." He says and I say I'm going to the bathroom.

"Let me deal with this," Elijah says, walking with Damon out of the room, leaving me , Stefan and Klaus.

"All this talk has made me thirsty." The blonde girl comes next to Klaus. "What do you say Stefan, can I interest you in a little after dinner drink?" Klaus looks at me. "How about you Eleanor? Thirsty?" Klaus takes a bite into her neck and begins to drain her.

~ ~ ~

Klaus is still feeding on the blonde girl, he drops her to the floor. Drained and dead. I stand there in shock. "Delicious. Aged to perfection."

"Well, I guess the only reason you agreed to this evening, Klaus, is to drive a wedge between me and my brother." Stefan speaks.

"Oh no, you're doing that well enough on your own. Because of Elena, you're gonna lose your brother and you'll only have yourself to blame." Klaus says. Damon and Elijah re-enter the room.

"What do you say, Klaus? It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer, now you counter." Damon says.

"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And to fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player, you know the blond one?" Klaus says.

"Matt Donovan? Really?" Damon says.

"Yeah, why not? They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family."

"And continue the Petrova bloodline. Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain and never run out of hybrids, right Klaus?" I whisper the beginning but speak up at the end.

"Consider it a small return on my investment in her well-being. See after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life, you know it's what's best for her." Klaus says, walking over to Stefan.

"So, what do you say Stefan, do we have a deal?" Stefan walks up to Klaus. Klaus holds his hand out for Stefan and he takes it.

"Nice try, Klaus. But no deal." Stefan says. Klaus breaks Stefan's arm and I gasp. He kicks his leg and breaks it as well. He pushes his hand into the fireplace, Stefan starts to burn. Damon attempts to rush over to him, but Elijah pushes him against the wall. I'm shocked by the turn of events. "What are you doing?" Damon asks. Klaus keeps Stefan's arm there and he continues to burn badly.