PROMPT 25

It's the ripe orange month of October, and A and B have walked through the school doors as new fresh bait. 

Being on the waiting list for what felt like ages, the pure human with ombre brown hair and emerald green eyes, walked in excitedly. She was keen on finding new friends and being the best she can be this year --- even though she's a month late in both studies and a social life. 

She stepped giddily, the only thing on her mind being the new year, the new possibilities, and the new life she is about to lead. Distracted by her distractions, she almost didn't notice she knocked down a potential friend in the midst of her daydreaming. He had night-black hair and jet-black eyes, and kept his wand up his sleeve. 

"Ow" he said with no emotion. He reached for his wand that fell to floor. 

"Oh, sorry..." 

She felt embarrassed. It was her first half hour at school and it very quickly became clear to her that she isn't even capable of keeping a student grounded --- even though said student would take it as sweeping him off his feet. 

She held out her hand and the wizard asked curiously, "Say, if you were a song, which one would you be?"

"A single" she replied. 

He chuckled, "That's the best one on the album..." 

It took her a minute to realize what he meant. As he waited for her to understand, he accepted the hand she lent.

Still gripping her hand, B lands on his feet. "I'm B," 

She blushed, overwhelmed by the recent events, and took his hand, "I'm A-A.."