PROMPT 16

It's just the third week of the new school year and posters are plastered all around.

"I bet you $5 that you won't make a major part!" A nags B while pointing to a poster advertising auditions for the school play.

"Is that a challenge?" He smirks.

"I suppose it is!"
They shake hands with a determined look on their face.

Pass by a few days, A and B are in the audition room performing the scene they've rehearsed countless of times prior.

"And with that, my love, I cannot live without you," B gazes into her eyes, "For we are two pieces of one heart."

"But we must, or I will never be able to see you again."

"I love you..."

For a moment, their eyes had locked, and it seemed as if the only thing standing there were themselves.

"Thank you, both!" Their gaze is broken, "We'll take your audition into consideration."

They meet outside.

"Wow! You were great!" A tried to divert the attention from her blushing cheeks.

"You were too. Someone owes me 5 dollars!"

A rolls her eyes and fishes a 5 dollar note from her pocket, "Here."

"Oh, and by the way, A?"

Still holding the betted 5, she looks at him annoyed.
Instead of taking his rightfully won lunch money, he lowers her hand down as he kisses her on the cheek, "I really do love you..."