Chapter Thirteen

After the best nights sleep that I've had in years, I'm cooking my girl breakfast—British bacon and eggs.

With the radio on, I'm happy.

Happier than happy.

Bat shit crazy happy.

Humming in the kitchen happy.

Yeah, I'm humming in the kitchen. Humming along to Anne Marie—a pretty cool British singer that I happened to briefly meet in the Buddha-Bar in Knightsbridge, ironically just a few days ago.

As I'm turning the bacon, I feel warm arms come right around my stomach and a soft onesie snuggling up against my back. "Hey." Stroking Clara's arm with the only free hand that I have, I affectionately greet my, just as happy, girl.

With her cheek pressed against my bare back, Clara sounds so content. "Hey." She coos, giving me an even tighter cuddle as she sighs with dreamy satisfaction. "Mmmm...something smells nice."

Stroking her fleece-covered arm, I smile. "I hope you're a breakfast person. We have bacon, scrambled eggs, baked tomatoes and mushrooms." Showing off a little of my culinary confidence in the kitchen, I flip over the bacon again, enjoying what I'm doing because Clara's arms are still wrapped around me.

Brushing her soft cheek against my back, she happily answers. "If all my breakfasts are like this, I am totally a breakfast person." She suggestively quips, once again giving me a wholesome little squeeze.

Needing to see the face that is so affectionately pressed against my back, I remove the bacon from the hob and put the tongs down before turning my whole body around. Now chest to chest, I'm looking down at the only face who now means anything to me. "Mornin', my British beauty." The need to kiss Clara becomes greater than my need to look into her eyes, so I do what feels completely natural—I kiss her. Our mouths lovingly and tenderly unite as we hold each other with limbs and bodies that yearn to be so affectionately close.

My lips are hopefully showing her all that my heart is feeling.

You're my girl.

You, Clara Thorn, are happiness personified.

My first morning kiss with her, is hopefully the first of many. I know I'm returning to LA soon, but I still want many more moments just like this. "Sleep well?" I ask Clara, not fully releasing her from my sentimental cuddle.

Wanting to stroke the grooves on my defined abs, her fingers pleasingly graze my sensitive skin whilst wearing a small yet seductive smile. "Like a log...you?"

Wanting to do more than just cuddle and kiss, I pour some of my humour onto the smouldering want that I now feel for Clara. "Once I got used to the gurgling and the snoring, I slept pretty well." Is my teasing reply.

Hitting the top of my arm, Clara is laughing. "I do not snore and I certainly don't gurgle." Her eyes are brightly beautiful, just as they always are. And those eyes, now belong to me.

"Honestly, it was like being in bed with a Walrus taking a bath. It sounded just like water going down the drain." My hand starts to swirl around and around, pretending to be the gurgling water.

I love how silly we are together.

I love laughing with Clara.

My life can be so weighted down with such serious shit, I like goofing around with her.

And I think that Clara feels the exact same way, because she's happy to play along with the silly shenanigans. "You'll be wearing that bacon in a minute." She warns me with a flirting little smile.