Chapter Six

I nearly lost my shit.

Coming out of Harrods and right in front of the paps, I actually nearly lost my shit.

But I didn't.

I didn't because of Clara.

No matter how angry I felt about her, Cam and Maci, she somehow managed to stop me from blowing up at the paps who had been hounding me.

How did she do that?

Tell me?

Because I really need to know.

I have so many storms raging their way right through me at the moment, yet Clara halted their destructive paths using only her soft British voice and her kind and thoughtful eyes.

My temper calmed because of her.

Temporarily sedated because of her.

So I didn't end up losing my shit.

I gave the paps and the screaming fans what they all wanted—Rhys Ryan, the global superstar.

By the time I get to the stadium, guilt is beginning to chip away at some of my attitude.

I was off to mom.

Off with Clara.

Everything about me is just off right now and I'm beginning to feel real shit about it.

I'm me.

I'm used to getting what I want.

I'm used to things going my way.

But with Maci, and now with Clara, I feel like I have zero control over what is happening. Which isn't anyone else's problem, it's only mine.

I think I just need some more alone time. Some time to figure out how to stop feeling so sorry for myself. As I'm about to do that, I hear Will ask Clara whether she'd like to help grab some merchandise with him. With my douchey state of mind, I find myself being very opposed to her helping him. It's like every other person gets to be all alone with her, when I don't seem to be able to. So without thinking, I stupidly react. "Clara isn't here to help you, Will."

"I am happy to help, it's better than me doing nothing." Which is Clara's polite way of saying that she would rather fetch some merchandise with Will, rather than doing what she should be doing—continuing an interview with the dick of a pop star who happens to be me.

So I become defensive, addressing her curtly. "He's on my payroll...you aren't." I'm hitting an all-time low. I'm using my superstar status to belittle them both. Not cool. Not cool at all.

"Thank bloody God!" Clara almost yells back, looking at Will with total exasperation before her angered eyes finally settle on me.

"Right, follow me!" I order her to come to my dressing room with me right now. Once I get there, I honestly don't know whether I'll just tear strips off the infuriating Clara Thorn or insanely just kiss her. She confuses and impresses me, both at the same tumultuous time.

But Clara Thorn is stubborn to the beautiful core. "After I have helped Will with the merchandise." She defiantly fumes.

Deep down, I know that this isn't about Will or the merchandise, this is about us. "To hell with the merchandise!" I reach for her hand, becoming more insistent that she comes with me. I don't know why I'm acting this way. All I know is that I need to be alone with Clara, if only to see what happens when I put us both in a confined room together.