Chapter 12: My Mission

Chapter 12

My Mission

            Just a few minutes after the briefing on what was planned, Reece and I were in a jet heading straight for the nation’s capital, where I will carry out part of my mission.

            Ingram will be dead before sundown.

            Our pilot landed the plane on a makeshift runway on a field only twenty miles from the White House. The vampires waiting for us confirmed what we were her to do and let us on our way. Two black Ducati’s were waiting for us at the rural street we ran to. The newest models, 2013 AMG’s. They were gorgeous. Reece mounted and sped off on his and I followed. Though we were fast runners, there was nothing like going one-hundred plus on a sexy bike.

            We arrived at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in only fifteen minutes. We glided through the gates with ease; perfectly choreographed planning let us sneak in due to the shift in security. Reece and I ran to the one blind spot on the property we found thanks to prior research and hacking into the security cameras of the building. The building may be modern inside, but some timely touches still existed, like the elevated cellar door we crouched by, invisible to the cameras.

            Reece grabbed the iPhone out of his pocket that was synched with Ferenz’s infrared cameras. We could see every warm body in the building. Ingram’s was perusing the liquor store outside of the library on the third floor. Getting there will be easy.

            “Remember not to let anyone see you,” Reece said to me as I fit a micro-bluetooth in my ear.

            I shot him a look, “Of course,” I shook my head, “I’m not that stupid.”

            “Ok, well just don’t screw up, we’re counting on you, we all are…”

            “Yeah, no pressure or anything,” I looked at him, now with some trepidation in my eyes. He put a hand on my shoulder, you’re ready for this, Alexis, I’m here. We’re together, don’t worry. If you screw up, I’ll help.” He then bumped my arm and smiled. “But you won’t need my help.”

            I nodded at him and stood. I backed up until I found the window I was looking for. The entire blueprint was engraved in my mind. Third floor up, seven windows from the right. I jumped and landed perfectly on the narrow window sill and took a laser out of my belt. I flipped it on and heard it charge up. I edged each side of the window with it and pushed. The window came out seamlessly and before it hit the hardwood flooring of the house, I caught it between my straddled legs and effortlessly placed it back in the hole.

            “I’m in,” I barely orated.

            “Good. Ingram is still in the liquor room.”

            “On my way,” and I took off in his direction. It was not before long that I could hear the heartbeats of two Secret Service agents rounding the corner I was about take.

            “Shit you’ve got two coming, Lex,” said Reece in my ear.

            “Thanks for the update…”

            I only had two seconds before the men saw me; I either kill them or hide. I don’t want blood on my hands just yet, besides, two bodies will look suspicious just laying about in a hallway. I ran up the wall to my right and kicked off of it, landing me squarely in the middle of the ceiling. My nails dug into the sheetrock and a watched as the two suits passed harmlessly under me.