"Nah, I'll use the club." I said.

"Ok then. You give the signal," Bane crouched low to the floor, clutching the scrap of cloth in both hands, ready to strike.

I counted down under my breath, looking at Dawn. His face was blank, but his white eyes were full of fear. I shrugged it off and tried to focus.

"Three, two, one... GO!" I said quietly, and we both took off. Bane was like a cat, fast and deadly. I barely had time to tell where the guards were before she was on them. I sprinted up and whacked the first man on the back of the head, and he went over like a fallen tree. There was muffled struggling and grunting from Bane's victim, but it was soon silenced as his eyes rolled back into his head as the chloroform took effect.

She removed the cloth and eased the man's unconscious body onto the floor. Nodding at me, she signaled to Dawn that it was safe, and he crept around the corner cautiously, holding his side. I spotted the plain gray door that I assumed led to the armory, so I walked over to it and gave it a push. To my surprise, it eased open.

Peeking inside, I saw a very clean, stone room filled floor-to-ceiling with weapons, primitive armor, and a large array of guns and other objects.

"Choose what you want. I've already got what I need," Bane purred, unconsciously touching her left forearm.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I already knew about her gun from Dawn, but I wanted to see if she would tell me outright.

"Erm, you don't need to worry about it," She dismissed, but I narrowed my eyes and turned away slowly. Oh, I'm definitely going to worry about it. I thought.

Pushing that idea to the side, I focused on trying to find a suitable weapon for myself. I saw Dawn looking at a rack of melee weapons, but my eye was drawn to the ranged weapons. Most specifically, the bow and arrows.

I put my hands tenderly on the arcs of the weapons, checking to see how strong each one was. The upper and lower limbs were all painted differently, all given a different color and pattern. Some were made of wood, some cheap plastic, and others were the traditional, durable mix of fiberglass, wood, and carbon.

My gaze was pulled to a bow with a leather grip and a taught, neon green string. The arrow rest and the shelf were small rubber pins, designed to keep the arrow point straight and right on course to the target.

Picking it up, I tested the weight. It was a beautiful thing in general, with swirling red, green, and gray marks rippling down the length of the upper and lower limbs.

The leather quiver was decorated in a similar fashion, already stocked with arrows. I pulled one out. It didn't look all that special, but the arrowhead was small, black, and bullet-like, with a razor sharp point. The feather shaft was thin and tough, and it looked like an eagle's. This sucker was made to kill.

I grabbed the quiver and slung it around my shoulder. The bow was light enough that I could just carry it with me, so I kept it in my grasp. I'd never used a bow before, but it just... felt right. My fingers instinctively wrapped around the grip, fitting perfectly in place.

I turned to see that Dawn had grabbed a curved, blue knife, and he was slipping it under his belt. He turned to me.

"Heh, out of all these futuristic weapons, we both choose the most archaic ones here," Dawn snorted.

"Come on," I said, rolling my eye and smiling. "Let's get out of here."

We walked back out of the armory, where Bane was waiting. She nodded at our choice of weaponry, and we started around the second corner; the one that supposedly was near the exit. Once again, Bane and I got ready, joined by Dawn, who was brandishing his knife.

Rushing around the edge, we easily took out the guards by the door, knocking one out with the hard edge of my bow, catching him in the jaw. There were four guards in total, though, and the last one saw us coming. He turned and hit a red button by the exit door, sending an alarm ripping through the air, and then turned to us with a gun pointed straight at me, a smug smile on his face. I braced myself for the inevitable, and then there was a loud bang. I opened my eyes, expecting to see blood pouring out of my heart and the life draining from my body, but instead, there was a surprised look on the guard's face. Blood dripped from his lips as the hole in his chest smoked from the precise gunshot. I turned in surprise, and Bane stood there, a small pistol steadily aimed at the enemy, slowly lowering it as the man fell to the ground, dead. She slipped the weapon back into her sleeve, and then turned to us, her expression blank. "Come on!! Let's go!" She shouted over the siren. Dawn and I followed her without hesitation as she used the keycard to open the exit.

We ran out into the shadow of an alleyway, splashing through dirty puddles of runoff. We burst out of the alley and into the bright sunlight. I stumbled and shielded my eye in shock, blinking rapidly. Letting my pupil adjust, I could faintly make out the colorful stands of the marketplace, filled with people. Bane steered us away from it, though, and we started heading down towards a large gate at the end of the road. I put my arm down and kept running, ignoring the stares I got from bystanders. I heard shouts of protest from behind us, and when I turned to look, there was a mob of people wearing white uniforms and carrying guns, following in hot pursuit. My brain panicked, but I forced myself to stay calm and keep running. Turning my gaze back to Bane and Dawn, I saw that Bane had shed her white nurse outfit, tossing them behind her as she ran, revealing that she was wearing a tan shirt with pastel blue overalls underneath it.

"They're gaining on us!!" Dawn shouted, looking back at the horde that was steadily getting closer. I heard a gunshot ring out, and a bullet flew past my ear, inches from my skull.

"BANE!!" I shouted frantically, just barely dodging another one. We reached the gate and stopped. It was locked. We were trapped. I turned to Bane with fury etched across my face. "You tricked us. You just did this to rat us out." I snarled, but she barely flinched. Instead, she turned around and procured a book, which seemed to be pulsing with gold and purple light.

"Put your hand on it! Now!!" She shouted, opening the book to a page in the center, placing her hand on it and looking at us frantically. On impulse, I put my hand next to hers and Dawn followed suit. Bright light swirled around us, emanating from the book itself. I felt myself start to go numb, pieces of my conscious starting to fracture and spread out. The colors melted and blurred, filling up the spaces that remained like watercolor paint.

Suddenly, with a dizzying twist of my stomach, everything changed, and we were not in the marketplace anymore, rather a dimly lit area.

"Where are we?" Dawn asked, taking his hand off the book, which still pulsed with a faint glow.

Bane closed the book. "Boys, welcome to the Library."

--------

Guys.... I'm back. I cannot express how sorry I am for the two month delay, but it couldn't really be helped I guess, for reasons that I'll explain in a moment. 

But sorry stuff aside, I have some news. I KNOW WHAT IM DOING WITH THIS STORY NOW!!!!! ^u^ I know that sounds a little weird, but I actually had a lot of writers block for this, for the sole reason that I wasn't sure how the story should end. I havn't had any idea what I was doing this entire time, and now I know! The ending is all planned out, but I apologize, there will only be a couple more chapters. Sad, but I am not going to dissapear. 

Next piece of news: Some of you know about my other story, Cybernetic Entities, which I unpublished from Wattpad a couple weeks ago. Reason being: I'm re-writing it. CE is going to be the main fanfic on my account when TFOOL is done. And trust me, it is SOOOOOO much better. I have learned from my mistakes on TFOOL, and I know where the story is going, a way to make it long and interesting, character descriptions and lore for each, and I HAVE A PLACE FOR JON FROM THE BEGINNING. XD

I hope that you are excited for the finale of TFOOL, and I hope you have a sweet tweet day!! BYEEEEEE!!!!