Epilogue

Epilogue

There's something about unexpected moments, you can't plan it, you can't prepare for it, and maybe that's the most special thing because things happen the way they're supposed to and with the right amount of time, patience and compassion, things come out exactly right. Exactly right...

It took time for things to calm down. Harry did resign from the organization a week later with a smile, but I know that inside he was sorrowful. This is all he knows, all he's done his adult life, and he's walking away from it. He must feel some remorse.

Lucas kept us updated even though Harry or I didn't ask. On nights where Lucas and Regina would invite us to down to their flat, the nights I'd be staying with Harry and he wouldn't feel like cooking or going out. Lucas would eventually turn the conversation around to who was left and what had been done. Harry wouldn't comment about the way Lucas did things, like he always did, and Lucas wouldn't push him to make a remark either. On one of those nights, the TV was on the news and a story of an exploding building up north was being talked about. No names were mentioned before Harry jumped up and switched it off, but it was too late. I knew it was the same place Harry and Lucas and the rest had been.

That night, Harry had a nightmare, but it wasn't loud and he didn't scream, but he almost squeezed the life out of me. I had to wake him up before he actually did, but he never wanted to talk about it. He didn't need to say what he saw in his mind, I could figure it out myself.

But more things have changed for the better rather than not. Like my love for Harry and his love for me. We're much lighter, like air, than before, able to play and make fun with nothing stopping us. He's there when I wake up in his bed, tangled in each other. Even his relationship with my father has taken a turn for the better. They can make conversation without a glare or harsh tone. We've all had a sit down dinner to talk things through, and my father told me he was happy I found him.

The only real dispute we had in the past month was about the wedding. He stood his ground of being an "unworthy" son and whatnot, but I wouldn't give in. It took many days and nights of begging and compromise to make him give in. He teased me and called me a vixen as we laid in my bed for a change. My father was at work that night so our tickle fight and the other events that followed was until heard by us. It was the first time we had ever done anything on my bed.

The days were coming faster and the wedding was approaching in a rush. Harry had met his mother for the first time in some years at a restaurant with a bar. He made it a point to get to know her again, to catch up, before he intruded on her wedding.

I didn't go with him, do to his request. He wanted it to just be him and her, and I was happy he was at least trying, so I didn't go against him. He told me how it went though, when he came back to mine. He said things that made me believe the dawn was breaking on a new day for them.

A week before the twelfth of December, the week before the wedding took place, Harry and I went shopping for clothes. I had to find a white dress and Harry wanted a new shirt for his suit. We easily found one that Harry liked and he bought it. Next, it was time to find me a white dress. This was a bit harder than Harry's shirt, seeing as there are so many more styles and cuts.

Harry waited outside by the three mirrors as I changed in the dressing room. He suggested that he could help me instead of waiting, but a quick glance around the room and stopping a small child made me decline.

A woman working at the store took me around to find a few selections, to which I was grateful for because I did not know what I wanted. It had to be white, obviously, but I couldn't think of anything. Thankfully, we finally found a few pieces and I strolled past Harry, into the room.