【Part 25: Rest】「Satoshi」

Start from the beginning

I couldn't explain myself. He caught me. He's smarter than I imagined him to be.

"You try to poison me?" He frowns. "I can't believe it." He takes out a gun, and points it to me. I saw his index finger pressing on the trigger, and I leaped at him.

"What are you doing!?" I yelled, and he flips me off him. I started running down the stairs to grab my bag. I pulled out the pistol I had in my bag. I had to take it from my dad to do this.

I ran down his basement, and hid behind some boxes. I didn't hear Kazuo's footsteps anywhere. Where could he be?

"Satoshi? Where are you?" He says calmly. I heard him still upstairs. I looked around the basement to see the most appropriate hiding place, but there was really no where else to hide besides the area I was already in.

I stayed still as a stick. I heard his footsteps approaching down the stairs to my level. My heart began pounding. How did it come to this? I held my breathing as I saw him from the crack of the boxes. He has the gun in his hand, and he was roaming around looking for me.

He will find me soon. I know he will. It was obvious where I was hiding. I saw him getting closer to me, and I held the pistol tightly in my grip. I can't die here. Not like this.

"Ah hah!" He smashes the boxes away, and I sprinted pass him. He grabs my shirt, and pulls me back down on the floor. His throw was hard enough that my back slammed against the freezer.

"Mmm..." I rubbed my back, and got up quickly. Kazuo charges at me, and he slams me onto the freezer. The freezer swung open as I ducked down to avoid his blow.

Ita fell out of the freezer. His face white as snow, and his body reeked. It was a rotting body. I couldn't cry at this time. I sprinted upstairs, and heard Kazuo pull the trigger.

"Ah!" He got my calf slightly making a small cut. I ignored the minor pain, and began running upstairs to his bedroom where I left my phone. I looked under the pillow where I left my phone, and it was gone.

"Got you." He tugs on my hair, making me yelp out in pain. I managed to squirm out of his grasps, and ran down the stairs again. He was fast. He tailed behind me at a close enough distance that made me so nervous, I could shit myself.

I tried to open the door, and he shot my hand. The pain was unbearable. I turned around, and he was running towards me.

"Got you baby!" He says hysterically charging at me. He points the gun at me, and suddenly we heard a loud breaking sound. A sound of glass breaking. We both turned to the kitchen, and there came in Takuto.

"Kazuo put the gun down." Takuto said as he also held a gun at Kazuo.

I held my gun up to Kazuo as well. He was stunned, and had his eyes focused on Takuto.

"What are you doing? I'm your superior!" Kazuo screamed at Takuto.

"Look at what you are doing." Takuto replied.

"Why are you here?!" Kazuo was mad.

"Satoshi told me to come here. You are going to be arrested. Put the gun down."

"No!" Kazuo unlocks the safety, and instantly I knew he was going to shoot Takuto. My instincts kicked in, and I pulled my trigger, shooting the weapon out of his hand.

"Ahh!" Kazuo held his injured right hand tightly. "What do you think you are doing Satoshi!" He screams at me. His sweat was dripping massively down his cheeks. His saliva sprayed as he talked. I could tell he lost it, and that made my heart crumble.

"Kazuo I love you, but this can't work." I felt my tears falling. "I'm sorry."

"No you aren't! You pity me! Everyone did!" He growls.

"No I don't!" I yelled.

"Liar!" He gets up, and charges at Takuto.

"What the!" Takuto shot instantly at Kazuo. Amazingly Kazuo dodged the bullet, and jumped on Takuto. They wrestled, and gun shots were fired over, and over. My hands were shaking. I couldn't shoot. If I end up killing someone, I won't know what to do.

"Stop it Kazuo!" I screamed, but my voice was far away from him. He could no longer hear me when he's in his own world of madness.

I looked up, and noticed how Kazuo knocked the gun out of Takuto's hand.

"Satoshi! Shoot him!" Takuto pleaded.

My hands were more shaky than ever. I held the gun up to Kazuo. Kazuo stared at me in disbelief.

"Satoshi! You will kill me over him?! You fucked him too?!" Kazuo gets up, and lunges towards me.

"Stop!" Takuto jumped him, and punched him in the back of the head. Kazuo flops down on his stomach, and began coughing. His intense stare was still on me which made my blood drain from my body.

"Satoshi shoot him!" Takuto screamed at me. I didn't know what to do. I saw my Kazuo stare at me with desperation in his eyes. I knew he wanted to be saved from his insanity, but I had no cure for him.

"Kazuo....I'm sorry..." I aimed the gun at his head. I saw the tears spilling from his eyes.

"Baby no! I love you! I'll change!" He pleads.

"Sorry." I pulled the trigger, and looked away. Takuto backed away in shock. I could tell he had never been in a gun fight before. We both were shaky from the whole situation.

"You did the right thing kid." He catches his breath, and goes to pat me on the back. "Lets call the cops."

I nodded, and we walked out the house. My body felt numb along with my mind. I just killed the man I loved so much. Am I a monster? I looked down at my palms. Maybe I am a monster.

Minutes later the police came. They asked us a bunch of questions again, and I told them it was self defense.

That evening, I couldn't sleep. I couldn't feel content with myself. Ita is dead, and so is Kazuo. If I had never had such an obsession with Kazuo, Ita would have still been alive.

"It's my fault." I mumbled while rocking myself back, and fourth. I couldn't function normally like this. I don't want to live this way. Having such guilt. I hated the experience of this whole situation. There was no way to rewind time.

"I can't do this anymore." I mumbled. "Maybe I am the one that needs help." I went to look up into the sky. The moon was present, and stars infested the sky.

"I wish that things will go well for me from now on. I wish. I wish." I spoke to the sky like a silly believer.

The star twinkled.

To Be Continued