nineteen

1st Pov. Marina
{1st Pov. Only for thoughts; italic}

Week One

I sat alone in my bedroom, my eyes clear and healthy. I stopped crying only after 10 minutes. As I had said, I no heart left.
Marin sat with me and tried to talk, but he knew I was a new world.

Reality came crushing onto me, my body completely smashed and not repairing.

I pretended on the dates I was force to have with Nick. He knew something was wrong but understood it was private.

I sighed as rain poured for the longest week of my life. I was thankful for it, sun was never my favorite thing.

'It was Johnny. He was like the rain to me. My favorite, my essence of life, my beautifulness of life.'

I sighed as I walked through the cabin. I walked into my parent's room, in the cabin, just to snoop.

I paused as I opened my father's suitcase. It was full of money, and I paused as a plan went through my head.

I walked back towards my room, and awaited for Marin to return from the main hall.

"Marin?" I said, as he popped up into my doorway.
"Yeah?" He asked as he crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame.

"Would you run away with me?" I asked, as nervousness clouded my mind.

He walked up to me and sat on the floor holding my hands.
"Of course." He said, and I sighed.

"Billy and Penny could come if they wanted to." I added to sweeten the deal.

"That would be great. But how could we afford it?" He asked, and I nodded to myself.

"We take the money from our parent's suitcase. We are both 18. They make that much money in 5 hours. They won't need it. And they have already paid for 6 years of my apartment. Because its close to my college and that's how long I originally planned." I said, and he stared at me.

"Okay. I'll go ask him. Get ready." Marin said, and kissed my forehead before he left after Billy.

---

I pulled the last paper from my typewriter and laid the paper in my father's now empty suitcase.

Marin and Billy shoveled all of our things into the back of a big blue truck that belong to Billy.

I handed Marin my typewriter,  and he gave me smile as he gave me nod to tell me that was the last of it.

I laid the letter down, and signed my name. I told Billy to give the other letters to Penny. One for her, and the other for Johnny.

I closed my bedroom door, and walked out to the truck. Marin cover our things with a tarp to keep it from getting wet. Billy returned and climbed into the driver seat.

I slid in next to Marin, as Billy took off. We watched as the main building of Keitman's was out of view and we reached the interstate towards New York.