eight

1st Pov. Marina
{1st Pov. Only for thoughts; italic}

I slowly slid through the staff building a is searched for Penny. I held the envelope of money, as my eyes landed on Billy.

"Billy!" I yelled, and he held his hand for me. I quickly took it and he pulled me to the side.

"I got the money." I said, and dragged me to Penny and Johnny.

"Johnny." Billy said, and they paused and looked at me. Johnny having an unreadable expression.

"Yeah, Rina?" Penny asked with the new nickname.

"I got the 250$." I said and handed her the envelope. Johnny scoffed and Penny looked at it.

"You kidding, Rina?" She asked, and checked the amount. Johnny grabbed the envelope, and pushed it back into my hands.

"Thanks, kid. But we're not a charity case." He said, and Penny shook her head.

"Yes, we are." Penny said, and I  spoke.

"Just say its for dance lessons." I said, and Johnny tilted his head.

"Yeah, but this is too much." He said, and I shook my head.

"No. It's not. You'll need it. I'm a terrible dancer." I said, and rubbed my arm lightly.

Johnny stated at me as I handed Penny the money. His eyes scanning my face, I looked back up at him.

"Alright. Be at the studio, 9 am. Everyday practice, be ready." He said, and glanced at my outfit.

"Don't wear a dress." He said, and I rolled my eyes. His eyebrow quirked up, and he smirked.

I grinned slightly, and turned away. I saw Billy looking up across the way. I turned and saw Marin walk into the building.

I quickly walked to Billy, and whispered something into his ear.

"Do you like my brother?" I asked, and he stared at me in slight fear.

"No." He answered and avoided me eyes.

"I think you should tell him. There is good thing." I supported him, and he sighed and smiled. I gave him a closed smile, and turned around.

---

I sat at my typewriter as the moonlight shined in my window.

"Pulse, after, pulse. I can feel his mind slip, as his body relaxes. His sense dying down, his eyes going bland.
The saddest thing you can see leave, is the life. Some thing no one predicted, taking the very thing they value most. Life, that spark."

I said to myself, as I paused my writing. I sighed and crumbled up the paper. I tossed it into my bin, as a soft knock tapped on my door.

"Come in." I whispered, and I moved to sit on my window bench. My nightgown, covered with my robe. Keeping the chilly wind from entering as my windows stayed open.

"Hey." Marin said, and awkwardly stood.

"Do you like Billy?" He asked, and scratched the back of his head.

"No. Do you?" I asked back, and Marina shook his head.

"No. He seems like a good friend." Marin said, and shoved his hand in his pockets.

"Marin. Don't lie." I said, and he looked down.

"I told the same thing to Billy. Just talk to him." I said, and closed my window. Marin nodded and left my room. I pulled off my robe and slowly laid on my bed. Letting sleep take me to my dreams.