XXVI

Isabella

"Gina?" I repeated. The line was silent for a few seconds before the call disconnected completely. I pulled my phone away from my ear and frowned. "What the hell?" I mumbled to myself. Like.... what just happened?

I dropped my phone in my lap and stared off at the wall for a minute. I was trying to get my head straight because I was hella confused. For one, why was Gina even calling me in the first place– and two, why did she bother taking the time to call me if she didn't plan on talking? Like I know I'm tired, trust me I am, but I'm pretty sure I didn't just imagine that happening. It happened, I just don't understand why.

Gina's always been about games, so I have every reason to believe this is just another one of them. But what could she possibly want from me at this point? She'll be in prison for years, it's not like we'll be rekindling our relationship anytime soon. Is that what she even wants though? Or she plotting for some sort of revenge? Eh...

Maybe I'm just paranoid. I could be looking too deep into this, but then again, Gina's put me through some shit. It's hard to just play things off because I can never be too careful / observant, especially after everything that's happened over the past few years.

But honestly who knows. It could go either way really. The chaos my life has become over the past few days is messing with my head like crazy– if it wasn't already obvious.

I groaned and tossed my phone aside before laying back down. I could waste time to over-analyzing the situation all evening, or I could brush this off for a few hours and get my nap in. Considering I haven't slept in about a day, I think the nap is my best bet. If Gina's back on her bullshit she's just gonna have to wait until later to get dealt with. I'm too tired right now.

"Good night." I mumbled to myself. And then I was out.

\\\

{A few hours later }

"Bella, baby, wake up."

I slowly forced my eyes open and blinked a few times before focusing on my mom. Wait, when did she get here? What time is it? Am I dead?

"Mom?" I finally mumbled. I tried wiping some of the sleep out of my eyes before sitting up. I don't know how long I slept, but it felt like days. I guess that's what happens when you're sleep deprived.

"Hey." My mom smiled and wiped something off my face. I frowned but let her do it anyways cause I didn't want to be looking crazy. "Sleep good?"

I nodded. "Yeah, for once. What are you doing here?"

"I'm picking y'all up. We're going somewhere." She said. I raised my brow.

"Like, going somewhere in the city or taking another trip?" I asked. I always have to clarify because you never know with the Knowles-Carter's.

"Not so much a vacation, but it will be a trip. We're going to Houston to get your sister." My mom said. I opened my mouth to say something but she cut me off. "Don't start with me. You can be upset with her if you want, fine, but I'm not leaving her down there. I don't want her away from me, especially right now. I want all of my babies in one place, with me. You two need to sit down and talk about this, because if I can forgive her, you can too. We don't need anymore fighting going on, I want you both to work this out."