"Will we meet again?"

"We're never really here, nor are we ever gone." My eyes rolled, this guy...."Yes child, we shall meet again soon." I could almost see him smile. "You could if you would only open your eyes." And they did. The shock of it all left me speechless. His glowing form contrasted the dark shadows growing with nightfall. His height, features, clothing, he was an elf. Pointy ears and all!

"No freaking way!" I jumped to my feet. Wait, when did I shift back?? The elf smiled and gave a curt bow, I awkwardly returned the gesture out of respect. "Sorry..."

"It's always amusing to see first reactions. I must go, but heed my warning. You must prepare yourself as quickly as possible. Change is coming."

"Wait! Wait! I still have some questions though!!" A million or more to be honest, but maybe I could prioritize them?

"We shall meet again..." The elf smiled and faded from sight. The moment he was gone the pressure in my forehead vanished as well. I stood alone in the forest with thoughts and emotions racing around in my consciousness. That really just happened?!?!

"Luke!" My body jumped involuntarily. "Luke!" I heard my name being called, the voice was solid this time, but I couldn't pinpoint the direction it was coming from.

"Just leave him be, he's probably dreaming."

"What was all that then huh?!" The first voice was a female and she felt worried...How could she...?

"Wake up, Princess!"

"Fay, let him be. He needs to rest and recover!" The second voice was a male.

"He's been resting for the past several days!"  She argued. She sounded irritated, but I sensed her unease. "Now wake up, dammit!" My body felt as if it were falling. I don't understand, were these also spirits? After a strained grunt, my body jerked-

***Fay's POV***
With one last shove, his body rolled off the bed just as his eyes shot open.

"What the hell?!" Luke snapped, groaning on the floor. "What was that for?"

"Morning sunshine!" I grinned, holding out a hand to help him up. He blinked several times still angry and confused. A new light came to his eyes and he bolted to his feet, herding us to the door.

"Out! Out!" He urged hastily.

"What the hell? No! Luke you just-" Daniel left without much of a fight but I refused. Does he know how worried I was about him?

"Out!" Luke shouted but once he met my gaze, "I'm sorry, Love. But I need to try something. I'll be out in a bit, I promise." My jaws clenched together. I wanted to hug, punch, kiss, and kick his stupid self. Possibly in that order too. But I just clenched my jaws, turned, and left without another word. Ignoring the faint twinge in my chest, I continued walking towards the back porch. There was a swing set up with several large pillows. I nestled in, glowering at the frozen lake in the distance. The temperature had dropped dramatically at night and snow was beginning to fall again but I remained planted in my seat. I arranged the pillows around me, creating a warm pillow fort on the porch swing.

"You made mates sound like happily ever after." I murmured to Eliza, feeling the twinge turn into a tight knot. On a normal day, I'd call Sam to meet with me and get my mind off things, but I lost him too. "I was so scared I'd lose him, and he doesn't even seem to care. Whatever new ability he developed, it almost killed him. Samuel said he used his life force, recklessly and uncontrolled. His wounds weren't physical, but spiritual." I felt the anger deflating, "I miss you, Eliza." I got a strong whiff of mint and chamomile and the knot constricted further. F*cking Sam...