Prologue

Kellin was nervous. Well, that was an understatement. He was beyond just nervous. He was absolutely terrified. He didn't even want to leave the car as his parents parked in front of the house. The teenager held an iron grip on the handle of the car, as if it was his only lifeline to his safety net.

"Are you okay Kells?" His mom asked turning back to her son.

Kellin swallowed and nodded his head. It was a lie but, he didn't need her to worry about him anymore than she already was.

"You'll talk to us if you need us, right?" 

"Yeah, I will. If anything happens I'll tell you immediately."

"Okay, we don't want to have to bring you back."

"You won't have to, I've got this," he said, trying to reassure his parents as best as he could.

"We love you."

"I love you guys too," he said with a smile.

"Now come on, let's go inside."

"Can I sit here for a little bit? Austin said he was going to come see me since I just got back from camp," Kellin said.

"Yeah, sure of course" She said with a smile, "If he wants to stay for dinner he can." 

"Okay, I'll let him know," Kellin told her.

"We'll take your things inside, okay," his father said, opening the door.

"Thank you." 

"It's what we're here for," he said and Kellin's parents got out of the car. Kellin let out a sigh, leaning his head against the window as he stared at the house before him. He was dreading this, being back home. But, it was for the best. It had to be.

Kellin sat thinking in the car for a while till he saw the tall boy from down the block.

"Kellin! You're back!" Austin shouted, running to the car. He opened the car down and slide in beside Kellin. "How was camp?"

"It was great! I made so many friends," Kellin said, forcing a smile. "I mean, none of them are as great as you, though."

"I'm so glad you made friends! But no one is as good as me, you're right."

"What have you been up to this summer?" Kellin asked, wanting to change the subject from himself.

"Uh, nothing much I've just been hanging out with the family and a few friends." Austin said, lying to his best friend. He couldn't tell him about the things he got caught up in this summer. If Kellin knew, he would be disappointed in him and he couldn't have that.

"Like what?"

"Going to the skatepark and things like that."

"Oh I've missed the skatepark, oh my god," Kellin groaned and leaned back. "We did all kinds of things at camp like make stupid bracelets and shit but there was no skating."

"Well we can totally go to the skatepark, uh tomorrow- oh wait, maybe sometime this weekend."

"This weekend will work perfectly. My parents want me to stay at home a few days before school starts since I was gone all summer."

"That makes sense. Are you excited for school?"

Kellin shrugged and made a noncommittal sound. "I mean it's school, so not really." And he wasn't. Kellin wanted to stay as far away from school as he could but, not because of what Austin though.

"Yeah school sucks, I'm thinking of dropping out."

"No, you're not doing that. It's your senior year, Aust. You gotta do senior year."

"I got more important things to worry about Kellin, like right now  I have to meet up with some people for something. So i have to go." Austin said and gave Kellin a hug.

"Alright, I'll see you later. But you're going to school or else I'll ruin your life, Austin Carlile."

Austin laughed, "Sure, sure. See you later Kells."

Austin got out of the car and head, leaving Kellin to his thoughts and Austin to his own.

Little did Kellin know Austin was on his way to possibly making the worst decision of his life.

Vic was ready to scream as he sat there, staring at his parents in complete and total disbelief. It had been two months and this was what his parents were doing? Had they gotten over it so quickly? Did they not realize the thoughts that went through Vic's head every single damn second of the day? Did they not understand how empty his room felt at night? How his heart ached at the guilt that ate away at it?

"Vic, do you have anything to say?" His father asked, looking as his son.

"I think it's stupid but you're going to do it anyway so does it really matter what I have to say?"

"Well yes it does. We want you to welcome him in with us." 

"I'm never going to welcome him to be a part of this family," Vic spat.

"Don't say things like that," His mom scolded, "He's gonna be sharing a room with you and you're gonna have to learn to love him."

"He is not sharing a room with me," Vic all but growled. "There's a fucking guest room. He can have that."

"Well too bad." 

"Whatever. I'm going to my room," Vic said and stormed out of the living room.  He couldn't believe his parents had the nerve to do something like this. Were they trying to replace him or make up for the loss?  Because this wasn't the healthy way to even do it.

As much as Vic wanted the other side of the room to be full again, he didn't want some random replacement to do it. No one would ever compare to what Vic lost.

Alan was woken up in a state of complete confusion. He didn't remember much of last night, but he knew he was fucked up. He was in the foster home sitting in his room completely alone. He couldn't even remember how he got home last night.

"Alan, can I come in?" It was his social worker, Margie.

"Uh, one second!"  He scrambled to clean the room up and yanked a jacket on. "Come in!"

She came in and gave the ginger a smile, "I have good news."

"What is it?"

"I found you a family."

—-

Yooooo this is our new fic so stay updated with us. Make sure to vote, comment and all that Jazz!
THIS IS YOUR TRIGGER WARNING FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY OCCUR SO BEWARE IF YOURE EASILY TRIGGER!
-S&G