Once

Once when i was playing around i met a girl with light blue hair. Her name was Yukino. She was all alone and no where to go. My parents took her in as one of their own and it was fun. I got to have play with her all the time and we always agreed on everything. But one by one our childhood fell apart.

"Lucy, Yukino. Come." Our father said to us as we stood by the door.

"Mommy." I said as i felt Yukino's tears near slide on my arm.

"Lucy, Yuki. I need to tell you something." Mom said as she tried to lean up.

"Yes?" Yukino said wipping away her tears.

"You both know I love you so much. I never want you to be alone." She said "That's why you have each other. You two must s-stick together." She said as she began to get tears in her eyes.

"We will." I said. Mom stuck out her hand and handed us each one key.

"It may not look like much now but...You'll know what to do when the time is right. My girls you both have an starblinding personality." She said as i began to cry as well.

"Mom." Yukino said.

"Yukino, your smile isenough to give a stubborn man a kind heart. Your smile makes it look like day in the night." With that Yukino fell into my arms.

"Lucy my star dust. You shime like the sun while Yuki shines like the moon. You have brought light where ever you go. You two have the most kindest hearts man will ever know. Now please don't cry. I'll always be with you. When you look to the stars." She said.

Those words echoed in our head that day as we were pulled out into the hall. Life seemed dull but as she said we bring light and night where we go.  5 years past and me and Yukino where now 12 but One day...

"Dad, do you have to go?" I asked him as Yukino ran up behind me.

"Of course i do. who'll make this family some money?" He said.

"We could. We could grow fruit in the garden." Yukino said.

"Perhaps when i get back." He said as he headed off.

"Kagura will be here to watch you." He said.

Me and Yukino both jump with glee. We hadn't seen her since Mom. Kagura was little then but she was like a big sister to us.

'4 days.

Yukino's POV

4 days have pasted and me and Lucy began to worry. Kagura has been sending letters asking where father was but no one was responding. Then while me and Lucy were planting picking apples....

"What?" I heard just barely. Me and Lucy turned around to see Kagura talking to a lady with golden hair.

Me and Lucy hid on the side on the brick wall to hear better.

"But he was fine. He wasn't even sick." Kagura said.

"I assure you, he was sick why else would i be here." The lady said.

"But they are so young and -," 

"Boo!" A girl shouted scaring us. We then popped out from behind the wall visable to Kagura and the lady.

"Yukino, Lucy." Kagura said.

"What's going on?" Lucy said.

"Where's Dad?" I asked.

"Ugh-," The lady then spoke for Kagura

"I'm sorry to say but it seems your father got ill and he never made it to his destination." She said.