All the way home.

Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at http://archiveofourown.org/works/1053864.

Rating:Teen And Up AudiencesArchive Warning:No Archive Warnings ApplyCategory:GenFandom:NCIS, NCIS: Los AngelesCharacter:Marty Deeks, Jethro Gibbs, Anthony DiNozzo, Timothy McGee, Kensi Blye, G Callen, Sam Hanna, Ellie Bishop, Hetty Lange, Leon VanceAdditional Tags:Organized Crime, Hurt/Comfort, FamilyStats:Published: 2013-11-21 Updated: 2014-02-28 Chapters: 8/? Words: 15556All the way home

by CALLEN37

Summary

When Deeks disappears in dubious circumstances and reappears nearly 3 years later his name on an NCIS Most Wanted list. Will he be able to explain what happened and where he's been...or is he really on the wrong side of the law this time. W I P.

Chapter 1

3 years ago:

He stumbled in the dark, he had no idea where he was and his head hurt.

"GENTRY!" A man ran over and helped pull him away from what he noticed was a dangerous drop.

Max Gentry rubbed the back of his head and looked at the body of the man floating in the water.

"Who's he?" Max asked looking at the gun in his hand.

"Some navy cop. You shot him." The man looked at him, "You ok Max?"

"I…I don't know."

Max followed the man and climbed into his car.

"What happened?" Max asked as he leaned his head back on the headrest gently rubbing the sore spot on the back of his head.

"Oh my God, it was awesome, the deal was going down, and we had the Mitchelli hoods on the run, and some stupid navy cops tried to stop us, Darius Mitchelli is a navy guy. He'd been selling our stuff to the navy and their cops got pissed."

"So what was awesome?" Gentry growled.

"You…you were, some guy hits you on the back of the head, a whole load of navy cops show up and you beat the shit out of this one guy and dumped him in the drink!" the man was practically bouncing up and down with excitement right now.

Gentry groaned and rub his head again.

"I need a drink." He groaned.

"You'll have to have it on the plane."

"Plane? What plane?" Gentry turned and pulled his gun on the man driving.

"Bosses orders the LAPD cops are looking for you, the navy cops too, it's too hot for you here, gonna send you to stay with the bosses sister in Washington D.C." the man said.

They pulled up at LAX, "The boss says you have about 5 hours before they track you down and the navy cops said something about killing you if they got there hands on you."

"I don't….I don't remember?" Max said worried.

"It's ok," The man said handing him the ticket, "Sara's meeting you at the airport, she knows what you look like and she'll be there to help you."

"Sara?" Gentry asked confused.

"Sure, Sara Giamatti, the bosses sister, but remember, even though you're going to be the other side of the country, Marc Giamatti is your boss and will remain so, this doesn't get you out of your debt to the family." The man said.

Gentry nodded and took the ticket. "OK."

He took a few steps away, "Hey Max?" the man said. "Gun?" he prompted.