Chapter 19 - Siblings

All Rights Reserved

∞ | Chapter 19 - Siblings | ∞

Citadel Himmel, Sage Cliffs

Rhydderch opened his eyes, it was still dark. It really wasn't unusual for him to start his day this early but something in him made him want to start the day leisurely.

He took a glance to the left to see his little Medic sleeping peacefully curled into him, her hands gripping loosely but possessively onto his shirt. He would never have pegged her for a cuddler or anything like that, he mused.

Unknowingly, a smile lifted to the corner of his mouth and when he realised it, he quickly suppressed it.

He quickly got out of bed, ready to start the day. After all, there were pressing things that required his attention. Namely, Edmond Bones.

A grim expression settled onto his face.

The thought of that traitorous idiot made him want to hunt him down like the dog he was. But no, he was better than that. It wouldn't do for him to demand a one-on-one combat like fools who rush headfirst into battles.

It wasn't really his style anyway.

What better way to get a traitor was to make said traitor feel hunted every second of the day? Edmond wouldn't have the peace or rest he needed, not when there was a threat of his life hanging over his head like a dark cloud.

He took another glance at Adrastea and the peaceful innocent countenance on her face as she slept.

Yes, it was really appropriate after all.

* * *

"You're not that busy, are you?" He questioned, taking in the piles of journals on the desk in his room - their room. His mind corrected.

"Huh?" Adrastea looked up and to him, she never looked more endearing with ink smudged on her left cheek and on the bridge of her nose.

"Forget it. You seem busy," he remarked and she blinked furiously before setting down her pen.

"No, what is it?"

"It's nothing important," he began. "I just thought you would like to join us in a trial to be held later," he said nonchalantly.

Immediately like he had expected, a frown settled onto her face. "Rhydderch, I support you in almost everything except some of your questionable morals, but I told you I have no intentions of viewing trials."

"I just wanted to make sure you feel included," he said smoothly. "And I understand, I'll leave you be then to work on your formulas."

Adrastea blinked owlishly at him. "How did you know?"

He allowed a smirk to form on his face as a way to show that he wasn't upset or disappointed that she wasn't coming along with him to the trial and as a way to one-up her.

"Your journals are quite familiar to me, you know."

She shot him a scowl but he could tell it was fainthearted at best. "Okay, go to your trial," she ordered, mock irritation lacing her tone and he inclined his head before turning on his heel.

It was good that everything had gone according to plan, if not he would have a problem explaining a trial that wasn't even being held.

Yes, he had lied.

He had lied so that she would avoid him for the afternoon so that he was free to hunt for Edmond without her intervening.

Especially after she had told him not to interfere.