Chapter 5 - Brother

All Right Reserved

∞ | Chapter 5 - Brother | ∞

Citadel Himmel, Sage Cliffs

"Draven is either captured or on his way to 'ell," Vlad commented, his words were heavily accented and Circe was barely able to understand him even though it wasn't the first time she was speaking to her fellow Regnant, Vlad Durant speak.

"Yes, but he deserves that doesn't he?" she replied and looked out of the window to see the endless blue sky. Citadel Himmel was in the Sage Cliffs and it was known for its beautiful sunsets and sceneries.

Circe couldn't help but notice that her city was the least prejudiced and the most welcoming. Hence, the large amounts of refugees from the other four cities. She couldn't blame them. The other cities were cruel and harsh and unforgiving unto those that didn't even deserve it.

Deserra was known for its slave fighting pits, Vonsworth was known for its wealth and that came with greed. The Carvenslands were known for its cruelty through torture and violent tendencies while Vallisrem was known for the cold unyielding iron hands that ruled it.

"What are you trying to imply?" Vlad whirled around on his feet and snarled menacingly. "This is no such time for jokes. The rebellion is getting stronger every second that passes. Look at what they did to Deserra and Vonsworth."

"Could you blame them?" Circe demanded, her dark eyes flashing. "Centuries of hate and violence! How could you not expect them to react this way?"

"Careful, you are starting to sound like a sympathiser," Vlad sneered, his heavy features twisting into disgust and she eyed the necklace made of bones hanging around his neck as he spoke.

Heaven only knows where those bones came from.

"A ruler should be compassionate towards his or her people and look after their wellbeing. That is in our vows when we are crowned Regnants and I take my vows very seriously," she straightened up as the imposing figure of Vlad Durant stared her down.

Moments of silence passed as neither parties refused to give in by looking away. Finally, Vlad scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I am a Regnant and I would do what I want to do."

Inwardly, Circe contemplated retorting back but that would escalate into a quarrel and would not lead to getting things done. After all, Vlad was here to discuss about the upcoming rebellion that was sure to head this way.

It was only logical that the Sage Cliffs was next as it was only a few days away from Vonsworth. Circe wasn't in a rush for her city to be captured by the rebellion. From what she heard, neither Regnant Draven or Mabuz was heard of again.

Circe was determined to not be a part of that list.

"Enough about that. What are we going to do about the rebellion? Medeia is of no help especially after not what I've said to her previously."

"That is why you should 'ave kept your mouth shut and not yelled at 'er."

She gritted her teeth and rolled her eyes. "She deserved it. Letting innocent people die just for the fun of it? I don't think so."

Vlad blew out a breath of smoky air, his eyes were narrowed and he lifted the cigar closer to his mouth. "What do you know of anything? You like to pretend that you are better than us. But you are not. We are all similar."

He inhaled and blew out another ring of smoke before continuing. "It is time you got that fact into your head."

Circe stared at him and curled her lip, affronted by that remark but chose to remain silent.