XIII• Home Sweet Hospital

"Oh man, is he dead?" Yosuga didn't get a chance to stop herself before the words slipped through her lips, though she probably wouldn't have stopped herself regardless.

"He is looking pretty pale..." Tenten mused, the attention now on Kakashi, who hung from Gai's back. Determined to make it back to Konoha in first place, Gai had sped ahead, leaving everyone in the dust. Well, everyone except Lee, who sped off right behind him, and Yosuga, who had lazily climbed onto his back with a shrug when he had offered, trying to mimic his sensei. Naruto had tried to argue, but it fell on deaf ears, and Sakura just shook her head in disappointment as Yosuga gave them a peace sign before practical blinking out of existence with Lee's speed.

"Ah... maybe we should stop by the hospital before we report to the Hokage..." Sakura suggested. With the look of Kakashi (who wasn't dead, unfortunately), everyone agreed.

***

"Oh! He's waking up!" Naruto exclaimed at the sight of Kakashi finally opening his eyes. Yosuga figured it was about time. She was sick of sitting in this hospital room.

"So I'm here again..." Kakashi grumbled.

"What's new? Maybe you should just make the hospital your home, with the amount of times you end up here, you know?" Yosuga grinned when Kakashi shot her a weak glare.

"Watch it, Yosuga. He might stab you with his IV." Sakura joked.

"Before or after he chokes her with his hospital gown?" Naruto added in with a chuckle. Sakura and Yosuga laughed, leaving everyone else in the room vaguely confused and frankly left out of the joke.

"You think it's the gown the nurses stitched his name into so they don't have to worry about looking for a new gown everytime he comes in?" Yosuga wondered. That made her teammates laugh harder.

"Very funny. You guys are hilarious." Kakashi deadpanned.

"Does Kakashi-sensei really have a hospital gown with his name stitched into it?" Tenten whispered into Yosuga's ear. Yosuga only laughed and shook her head.

"That's enough of torturing your Sensei." Lady Tsunade entered the room, hands on her hips. Her demeanor was authoritative, but her eyes showed a slight bit on playfulness at Team Seven's antics.

Tsunade had a short discussion with Kakashi about something Yosuga wasn't listening to before advising everyone to rest, which Yosuga also wasn't listening to. She definitely had something to tell the Hokage, but after Tsunade dismissed them and left, Sakura was quick to catch her, so Yosuga decided she would wait.

Pushing off the wall she leaned on with a heavy sigh, she waited until everyone cleared out before leaving the hospital room herself. But not without throwing a, "have fun" at Kakashi on her way out.

"I won't." He responded. It made Yosuga chuckle.

She stepped out into the sunlight, taking a deep breath before-

"Hey,Yosu-chan?" Naruto called to her. She let out her breath, turning to him with a questioning gaze.

"What's up?"

"Wanna come teammate-hunting with me?" He asked, and it took a prolonged moment for Yosuga to make sense of the question. She wasn't really listening when Tsunade told them about how they needed another teammate for Team Kakashi.

"Sorry, I got some stuff to take care of. Later?" She shrugged, offering him a smile. He smiled back and nodded, running off supposedly to find a new teammate.

She took another deep breathe, brining two fingers to her mouth and exhaling, making a shrill high-pitched noise for a second. And then two more right after it in short increments.