VIII• Dread? Or Panic?

"This sure is convenient..." Yosuga sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"We're so close to Suna... I can't just sit around waiting!" Naruto sat at the mouth of the cave they resided in, watching the sandstorm rip through the desert.

"Naruto, I told you not to lose your patience." Kakashi scolded.

"Assuming he had any in the first place." Yosuga added.

"Just calm down, Naruto. Temari's the one who should be the most anxious." Sakura reprimanded.

"The ironclad rule to stay put when there's a sandstorm. You often lose your sense of direction. It'll be okay. A sandstorm during this time of year shouldn't last long." Said girl spoke. Yosuga nodded.

"And considering she's the one who actually lives in the desert, you should listen to her."

Naruto grumbled, turning back towards the entrance of the cave.

"Please let up soon."

***

The moment Yosuga stepped into Suna, she had a bad feeling. It sent a chill down her spine and made goosebumps raise on her legs. She felt something bad was going to happen. Or something bad already did happen. She had never felt like this before.

It made her sick to her stomach.

Yosuga stood back and stayed quiet as Sakura rushed to save Kankuro. She didn't flinch when one of the village elders, Lady Chiyo tried to attack Kakashi. The whole time she stood there, she had an uneasy feeling she just couldn't shake.

She felt it might be her worry for Kankuro, but when he pulled through thanks to Sakura, she didn't feel any better. Dread had settled in her stomach from the moment she heard of Gaara's kidnapping, but this feeling wasn't dread. It was something like panicked confusion, but Yosuga had no idea what she would be panicked about. It made her want to scream and pull her hair out, but she only sighed. She caught Kakashi's eye when she ran a hand through her hair, and groaned, knowing he'd question her.

And sure enough, he came right over to her.

"Any reason you've been glaring at everyone this whole time?" He wondered, trying not to sound too worried. He knew she hated when he worried over her. "If looks could kill, everyone here would be long dead."

"Sorry." Yosuga tittered, wiping her face. She didn't know she had been making faces as she silently fumed. She looked around at everyone cleared out of the room. Pakkun had recently come back with the location of the Akatsuki Base, (which made Yosuga's stomach drop for some reason) so now they were all getting ready to set out for it. "I just... I'm worried about my kids. If they're lucky, they're already dead." She lied.

"And if they aren't lucky?"

"Daichi's torturing them as we speak." Kakashi let out a laugh at her blunt statement, the two walking towards the exit of the building to meet everyone at the village gates.

"I'm sure he'll take good care of them. He knows how much they mean to you." He assured, which made Yosuga hum in agreement. "But something tells me that's not what's really on your mind."

Her heart clenched.

"The Chunnin Exams are coming up." She lied again. "I'm scared they'll go through with it. I'm scared they'll get hurt, and I won't be there to protect them."

"You can't protect them forever, Yosuga."

"I know, I know. But... The Exams were some of the trying times I've ever experienced. I was too young to take them when I did. I wasn't ready, but because of my clan, and my ego, I ended up doing terrible things I'll never be able to undo. I killed people, just because I was scared. It changed me. I don't want them to have to go through that, too." Yosuga lowered her head. She wasn't completely lying, now. She was worried for her genin team, but that wasn't the first thing on her mind at the moment. Kakashi stopped, putting his hand on her shoulder to stop her.

"Your circumstances were also a lot different from theirs. The Exams won't be as dangerous. Things are different. Trust me. Even with all the things you've gone through, you're still a strong and capable ninja. Don't forget that." He gave her a hidden smile, and it made her smile too.

"Let's go save Gaara." She said.

But the feeling never went away.

---

Hello I suck sorry luv you

So I had a little episode in my room the other day. It was bad.

I've recently come to the realization that I actually do have a serious problem and I've told my friends and my mom so im working on getting help.

I don't ever wanna feel the way I did a couple days ago. Hopefully, even though I don't really want to see a therapist or whatever, I'll get better, and I'll be a better person.

Anyways, I'm planning a crazy twist soon so it's hard to get through these boring parts but we'll get there!!!

You know you love me,
Xoxo gossip girl