Chapter Two

Lexa

When the meeting was almost finished, the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Brooke Brenner, paused. 

Her red hair was perfectly curled and she wore a fitted black Chanel dress that hugged all of her fake curves and complimented the matching black stilettos that gave her five inches

"Any questions, thoughts, or concerns?"

Heads glances around the room. I could tell, like me, we were all itching to get the hell out of here and go to lunch.

Quiet, sex God Caleb Miller cleared his throat.

He spoke. "I have a thought. We know this clientele. They're high end. The Credence Golf Course is down the street from Arbella. We could collaborate with them on the grand opening day. See if they'll donate a round of golf to our VIPs, or at the bare minimum, they can have a presence on site—maybe sponsor something. I think if we're selective and thoughtful about including a few luxurious vendors in that community, it will help not just sell this product as a home, but as a lifestyle. It could help to secure deposits and sales on day one."

My jaw dropped

My jaw dropped. Where the hell have you been Caleb Miller? I'd always had a thing for the strong silent type. He'd been a statue the whole meeting. Turns out, he was strategically planning something useful and creative.

Heads around the table nodded in appreciation at the great idea. Rumors were that one of the members on the VIP list was a professional golfer. There was no way Caleb could've known that since it was his first day, but I loved where his head was at.

Brooke frowned. Always afraid to be upstaged and outsmarted, she said nothing at first, wearing her sour lemon scowl. "That's great," she said finally.

Caleb beamed, the crow lines around his eyes when he smiled made him even more handsome.

"But from a planning perspective, it's a nightmare. Two weeks isn't enough time to re-brand our celebration e-blasts and flyers. And it certainly isn't enough time to re-plan the event, which I've had planned for months." She rolled her eyes and laughed, as if she'd been talking to a petulant child.