Chapter 51

"We're gods, babe

"We're gods, babe. Nothing can tear us apart or kill us. Not even death."

Unknown

Eveleigh's POVDon't be a silent reader! Enjoy

Eveleigh's POV
Don't be a silent reader! Enjoy. x

After I ask the all important question and my parents screaming finally comes to a halt, we all usher ourselves into the living area where we all sit down and ready ourselves for this important talk.

Sitting on the couch, I am immediately squished in between Lorenzo and Alessandro, their large bodies hovering and towering over mine and I'm sure I look small as ever as Lorenzo wraps his arm around my shoulder.

Our parents - wow, that is so odd to say - situate themselves on the couch opposite of the one we are on and Marco and his fiancée perch themselves on the side of the couch, in their own little world.

Humming to himself quietly, I watch out of the corner of my eye as Alessandro suddenly pulls out a sharp, curved knife and a wooden box out from nowhere and begins carving into it absentmindedly. "What are you doing?" I ask quietly as our parents seem to be having a hushed discussion in rapid Italian.

His eyes flicker to me blankly, scanning me as if checking I was alright, before he looks back down and continues to carve into the box with his knife, humming the oddly familiar tune. I stare at him patiently, waiting for an answer, until he looks up again and sees me staring.

"Oh!" His eyes widen in realization and he points at himself as if asking if I was speaking to him. I nod with a small giggle as he nervously smiles and clutches onto his wooden box. "I like to...uh... What is the word in... the American English? Um," he snaps his fingers as if racking his brain as I let out another laugh.

"Whittle?" I say simply and he gasps happily in response. "Sì, bambolina! Alessandro likes to whittle when nervous, unlike Lorenzo and Marco. They prefer to go to the, uh, shooting range. Not Alessandro. I prefer... moving targets."