Chapter 29

"I'm no poet, but for you, I'd burn out all the stars to write you a novel

"I'm no poet, but for you, I'd burn out all the stars to write you a novel."

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

The only sounds in the living room were his quiet crunching of popcorn, the soft background noise from the television, the occasional slurps from their banana milk -from him - and strawberry milk - from her -, and tiny clicks every time her knitting needles bumped against each other. There was not much talking as they were comfortable in the silence and the presence of one another.

Eveleigh had been home for three days now and was finally starting to feel a little better. Currently, her back was snuggled against Harry's chest as she crocheted and knitted soft, multi-colored, baby blankets, a task she hadn't stopped ever since she had passed the baby ward at the hospital after she was discharged and swore she saw one of the adorable, newborn, angels shiver.

Her plan was to make several blankets, hats, and socks for the tiny humans that had just entered this cruel, yet extremely lovely world and make sure they were never cold. Since she had been switched to the new chemo, she felt a lot better, still a little weak but not as much, so she just knitted and crocheted the days away.

Harry's left hand absentmindedly plays with her hair and the other feeds him popped, buttery kernels of corn as his eyes watch the movie in fascination, the moving pictures glistening in his hunter green irises.

"I want some," Eveleigh's quiet voice breaks the silence as she sets down her knitting needles and places her small hand into the large bowl of popcorn. Harry distractedly shuffles the bowl closer so she can reach it easier and places a kiss on the back of her head.

His hand slowly trails to another strand of hair and gently plays with it for a minute but suddenly something feels off, his attention immediately moving from the screen to the back of her head.

His eyes widen significantly when he realizes the strand of hair he was playing with was now detached and laying limp in his palm as Eveleigh unknowingly watches the movie. A small, bald spot took the place of the strand, a striking contrast to the curled
mass of her silky, brown hair.