Chapter 47

"When is a monster not a monster?"

"Oh, when you love it."

Please leave your thoughts and comments as they give me motivation to stay up and write after I work through my long, hard shifts at work

Please leave your thoughts and comments as they give me motivation to stay up and write after I work through my long, hard shifts at work. Hope you enjoy. x

Harry's POV

"W-Why did you call me your wife when you were yelling at t-that man?"

My mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water for a few moments as I look at her before I quickly turn and face the road, my eyebrows furrowed and I play with my bottom lip as I feel her stare on the side of my face.

What the hell?

Did I seriously subconsciously call her my wife? Damn, this whole asking her to marry me thing is really getting to my head.

"I don't... I have no idea what you're talking about, Evie. Did you bump your head, love?" I ask as I turn down our street and I could see our home at the end with the porch lights on.

"No! Well... I don't think so b-but you did say tha-"

"Here, baby, your milkshake is going to melt," I cut her off, picking up her milkshake and bringing the straw to her mouth where she gently begins to sip at it, her face morphing into a look of a grumpy, little kitten.

"B-But!" She tries to protest as little, chocolate milkshake dribbles trying to escape her mouth. I quickly throw my hand up to cup her chin so they don't land on her dress whilst trying to navigate my vehicle down the road.

"Baby... Babygirl, I know this is your first day with your new mouth, but swallow, please. Swallow your milkshake before you try to continue your delirious mumblings," I smirk as she lets out an offended shriek of a noise, her cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk as she tries to swallow her mouthful of her double chocolate fudge milkshake.