Chapter 36

Until you come back home

__________

Harry's POV

I go to walk past it when suddenly all the air is knocked out of my lungs by something - or someone - admiring the shoppe with a bright smile and my heart literally lurches out of my chest. My knees go weak and the tears that I just had gotten under control and at bay pour down my cheeks as I fight to catch my breath.

My mind spins, a sensation I've never felt before rushes through my veins, and I become frozen just as the love of my life, the one that was supposed to be dead, turns and our eyes connect, sending my heart pounding in my ears.

"E-Evie?"

_____

Her face lights up with a smile that was so bright the sun would be envious just as I feel my knees give out from under me and they hit the ground. Her expression turns concerned as my shaky hands reach up to my face and cover my mouth as I stare at her with tears pouring down my face.

Even through my blurry vision, I knew it was her. My beautiful, darling girl. My Eveleigh was alive and well in front of me.

I couldn't help myself as I start to full on sob, burying my face in my hands as my body shudders with every gasp of air I heavily intake. I could hear the people passing by commenting in concern but I ignore them as all my emotions hit me like a tidal wave.

Suddenly, a hand is resting on my bicep and by the sparks shooting through my arm, I knew it was her.

"H-Harry?" She timidly asks, making my cries become harder. I pull my hands away from my face and gaze up at her gorgeous face that shone with an ethereal glow.

Maybe she was an angel?

I shakily reach for her hand and gasp lightly when I realize she was real and I was touching her. My hand wasn't going though her and in an instant, my heart that has been in pieces for over a year was suddenly mended again.