Chapter one

CHAPTER ONE:

"Really? Again Tyler? Me and you.." I paused, "Are over." I felt hot tears run down my pale cheeks as I slammed the door behind me. A strong hand pulled my straight back into the room. "Listen, I'm just drunk, I- I love you." His words were slurred as he spoke to me slowly, his blue eyes staring straight into mine. "That's the third time I've seen you with a girl in bed. Just don't call me." I spat back quickly, and walked out the door.

I felt the vibration of the music on my fingertips as I held on to the railing of the staircase. I walked through crowds of people, attempting to find my stuff. I grabbed my bag off the sofa, and headed towards the exit. I could feel my throat wanting to let out soft sobs, but I held them in.

I drove home, It was probably midnight, and my sister would most likely be asleep. I parked my car and unlocked the front door. I entered the house, and went straight to my room. My body felt numb. I felt my throat choke up a few times, like I was going to cry.. But I couldn't. I was too broken to cry.

Let me tell you a little more about myself. My name is Rebecca Smith, I'm currently 17 years old, I have mid-stomach length hair, that is brown, but fades into a light blonde. I have green eyes, and tan(ish) skin. I live in Long Beach California with my sister Kelly and her husband Nick.

See, my mom and dad died a little over a year ago, they were hit by a drunk driver, That's why I refuse alcohol. When my parents died, it was extremely hard on me, And I didn't want to move in with my grandparents, my sister was old enough, so she took legal custody of me.

My sister and I used to be really close when we were younger, but we kind of went two separate paths when my parents passed. We rarely talk about it..

I felt my eyes get heavier, I slowly drifted off to sleep..