I wiped my eyes on a Kleenex and washed my face before someone came looking for me and heard me wailing on the pot. Not a good look. After I checked the mirror and made sure I was presentable I went back to my place behind the counter and lost myself in the monotony of filling orders and brewing drinks. An hour before my shift ended I began to get the uncomfortable feeling of being watched. Like there was something itching between my shoulder blades and my forehead felt hot. I continually chanted to myself not to look up. I didn’t want to draw any more attention to myself than I had evidentially already done. I turned to go clean the coffee machine of the grounds and took a quick look around the semi crowded café area. I saw nothing to make me think a person was watching me. When I was done with the machine I turned back and that’s when I saw him.

He was older than me, that much was evident. His skin was tanned nicely and covering well-formed muscles. His eyes were a deep blue, so clear they put the beaches in the Caribbean to shame. His lips were pink, and nice to look at. I immediately looked down. He was staring at me, clearly not caring if he was seen. And just as clearly a were. I went back to my job as if I weren’t affected, however when I went to take a load of dishes to the dishwasher I immediately called Keith. I told him what was happening and asked him to come quickly. Maybe I was being overly cautious, maybe not. After I had loaded up the dishwasher I came back out to see the man still sitting and looking at me. I gave a small wave, so as not to seem too nervous and went back to work. Thirty minutes later Keith bustled through the door and walked nonchalantly to the counter. He leaned over and kissed my cheek, and asked, not quietly if I was going to be later getting off than what we had discussed.

I returned his kiss and answered his question in the same tone and volume. Hopefully, if this guy was interested, he wasn’t any longer. I didn’t look back at him as I finished up my work and got ready to leave for the day.

When I came out of the door to the back, Keith was right at the end of the small hallway waiting at a table for me. He took my hand as we walked outside and to the car. As we neared it the man from the shop stepped in front of the car. There were two more, obviously werewolf, men with him. When he spoke, his voice seemed deep and caressing.

“Hello. Welcome to Angers, I am Alpha Alexandre Moreau. And what are your names?”

Keith and I glanced at each other before he gave my hand a tight squeeze and told them our assumed names.

“I am Keith Williams and this is my friend, Nicole Parker.”

Alpha Alexandre’s eyes narrowed slightly at the use of the word friend.

“Friend? You seem more than that.”

“We are very close, was there a reason why you stopped us Alpha Alexandre?”

“Just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood, it’s very bad manners to come into another packs territory and not make yourselves known, but I assume you had pressing reasons…”

His statement ended as more of a question than anything, wanting to know why we hadn’t don’t the right and proper thing according to were custom and announced ourselves to the pack here as soon as we reached town.

“We were going to Alpha, we just got so caught up in the move and finding jobs, Nicole has a young son she cares for, in all honestly, things were hectic and are just starting to settle enough to where we have any free time to do anything other than function on auto-pilot while we got our feet under us. Our departure from the states was very abrupt.”

“And why were you rushing from the states?”

As he asked this, the two very big wolves with him shifted slightly into defensive stances.

“Nicole’s mate was very abusive, the beatings were getting worse and I didn’t know a way to protect her without leaving the country. I have friends in Paris who suggested we come here, as it is low-key and Nicole can relax and raise her son. And it would be easier to keep her ex away from her.”

By the time Keith was done speaking Alpha Alexandre had gone from suspicious to anger.

“Well, that is reason enough. I ask that you all come to the alpha house to meet members of the pack, so no mistakes are made. I would also like to ask that you all consider joining my pack, as we can offer you protection from this man. If you have any troubles from him, please do not hesitate to come to us.”

As he spoke his two guards relaxed, it was barely visible as they still looked ready to sleep or cut a path through a raging mob, but at first it was all raging mob. Alpha Alexandre shook our hands and moved from in front of the car.

I breathed my first real breath as we drove away. I don’t know why the alpha made me so tense, but I wasn’t keen to find out.

Jensa’s POV

I slowly opened my eyes. Everything was grainy, and I could hear my heart pounding. It hurt so bad to open my eyes that I very nearly groaned in pain. I just held it back, I had learned, to my detriment, that even though Dominic liked to cause pain, he didn’t like to hear the effects of the pain he caused. I shut my eyes quickly, just in case he thought I was awake and tested my surroundings using my other senses. The room was deathly still, I couldn’t hear a breath or heartbeat. No flutter of eyelashes or scraping of clothing and a body shifted. There was nothing. I could, strangely, hear the hum of some sort of machinery. I smelled the air, just in case my hearing was failing me and smelled no other scent but mine mixed with blood and sweat. Underneath that smell was one of lemony furniture polish and carpet cleaner. He must have had someone clean the mess.

Satisfied that no one was in the room with me and caught a shock. I was no longer in a room, or tied to a bed. I was in a very small room  lying on a towel on top of a twin sized bed. I sat up slowly. As soon as I did the door burst open. Too late I tried to drop back into a resting position. I did groan now, he knew I was awake and the man seemed to be insatiable and he loved S&M apparently. I took a deep breath in to prepare myself for what would happen next, and realized the scent wasn’t Dominic’s. I opened my eyes to see a man I had spotted from time to time back at Dominic’s alpha house. I couldn’t remember his name to save my life.

“Would you like to shower? We have a few more hours on this plane and I am sure you don’t want to spend them like that.”

His face and voice were expressionless. He had to know that Dominic had caused my injuries, but I couldn’t tell one way or another whether that affected him or not. He just started at me blankly until I nodded my head. He helped me to the bathroom and then went back out and came in with fresh towels, sweats, a tshirt and undergarments. I took them all gratefully. This was no time to be picky about wardrobe choices. I still didn’t even know where I was. As I opened my mouth to ask, the man stepped out and closed the door behind him.

I sat down heavily and peed. It felt like I emptied my entire water reserve. When I looked down it seemed that it was mostly blood. I shivered, sickened at the depravity of Dominic. His mate was lucky to get away from him. She had endured far longer than I had. I hobbled to the shower and rinsed myself off in water almost unbearably hot. I scrubbed myself repeatedly and only got out of the shower when the water ran cold. After I was out I dressed in the clothes No Name had brought me and wrapped my old things in the towels I had been given and threw them all in the trash can. They didn’t fit but my choice was made.

As I stepped out of the bathroom I expected nameless to be waiting on me. He wasn’t. The bed was freshly changed, no sign of the blood smeared toweling. I walked to the door and tested it. Not locked. I opened it slowly and poked my head out. When I saw no one there I slinked off down the hall, trying to watch behind me as well as in front of me. Although I cant see how anyone could be behind me, there was a wall there.

I turned to the front as I walked into an open room. Three things shocked the shit out of me. First I saw Dominic nowhere but there were quite a few wolves from his pack. Second, we were clearly on a plane. And last and certainly least, my parents were seated between to very big wolves, looking quite sour.

What the hell is going on?