Shy Of A Spark

Eddie's Pov:
When we got to River's house I was kinda nervous. I mean I'm at a boys house, no parents. Not that River would do anything, but you never know. I also just turned 16 and he is 19. I mean I never kissed a boy. I'm so lame. I never was into boys. I mean I'm not gay or anything, I just never thought about it. I was always one of those shy, innocent with insecurities.

"Right this way" River said showing the way to his big room.

"As I walk, in taking in the surroundings, I noticed he has a big record collection. I walk over and sit on the ground looking through his music.

River then comes over and sits right next to me.

"You like records" he questioned.

"I love them, back home in New Jersey, my dad has a huge collection. It's something we bond over. I really miss him" I said sadly.

River picked out a record and went over to the record player and put 'Nothing Gonna Hurt You Baby' by cigarettes after sex.

"I turn and looked at him for a minute.

"He walks over to me and puts his hand out.

"Dance with me" he said.

"What! I can't dance" I said nervously.

"Come on please" he said pulling me up.

He puts his hands on my waist and I kinda pull back a little. Nobody has ever touched me like that.

He pulled me back into him, taking my hands and putting them around his neck.

I was blushing like crazy, I liked the feeling of someone holding me like this.

As we dance we looked into each other's eyes, I never really thought of River in that way, I thought of him as a friend.

He then tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. I look up at him, to find him staring at my lips. I was freaking out, I don't know if I like River in this way.

"I have to use the bathroom" I said in a panic.

"Ugh, Okay"he said letting go of me.

"It's down the hall to the left" he said confused.

"Thank you" I said walking kinda fast to the bathroom.

I get to the bathroom and lock myself in there. I look myself on the mirror and say why did you run away you loser. I always do this. I always get scared and back out. I don't know what's wrong with me, I always let my nerves in over me.

I hear a little knock on the door.

"Edie are you okay, he said worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I will be out in a minute" I said flushing the toilet to let him think nothing was wrong.

I slowly walk back to River's room.

As I walk into his room, I see him out on his balcony.

He turns around and looks at me with his beautiful eyes.

I ran over to him and jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist, giving him the biggest hug.

He jumps a little from the surprised.

He carries me to his bed, putting me down. He walks over to the light, turning it off, then putting on his big lava lamp. He walks back over to the bed, laying right beside me cuddling me.