New Beginning

So today is my first day at a new school. I am really scared and nerves, but who isn't their first day at a new school. As I get out of the car,

my mom says "love you honey, have a nice first day".

I just smile and close the car door.

I walk in the school, trying to find the main office. After couple minutes of trying to find the office, I finally found it. I walk in and go to the lady sitting at the front desk.

"Excuse me mam" I said quickly
"I'm Edie Harper, and am the transfer student from Vally Ridge.

"Oh yes" she said giving me a slip of paper.

"Here is your school schedule, if you have any questions just come back and ask me" she said smiling.

"Will do, thank you" I said walking out.

I went to find my first class, English with Mr. Balte.

"Here it is" I said walking in the door.

I walled over to Mr. Balte, and before I could say anything, he said
"You must be Ms. Harper" with a big smile.

"Yes" I replied.

"Well welcome to my English class".

"Everyone this is out new student Edie Harper, so everyone make her a home".

"You can take a seat in the last empty desk" he said pointing.

I didn't say anything just walked to the desk. About 20 minutes later, theirs a knock at the door.

"Well hello Mr. Phoenix glad to welcome us with your presence" Mr. Balte said with a annoyed faced.

He just smiked and walked in. As he walked down my aisle, he looked at me wired, like I don't remember you in my class.

He sat down behind me and you know when you can feel like someone is looking at you or watching you, well that's what I felt like when he sat down behind me. The class went on and on and finally the bell rang. I almost had every class with this Phoenix guy. The class that I really was looking forward to was art class. It was the end of the day and I was so happy that I survived my first day of school. I go outside and wait at the pick up line for my mom to pick me up, but my mom was no where to be found. I waited 10 minutes and then called her, but she didn't answer.

She texted me saying she that she it's going to run very late. So I just sat down on the curb waiting for her. It's probably been like 30 minutes after that last text and I saw that Phoenix guy walk out of the school, and walk behind the building. I wanted to follow him, so I got up and looked over the wall to see what he was doing. I saw three guys in the back of the school, I saw them pass something to Phoenix and he gave them money. They quickly ran away. I saw Phoenix look my way and I quickly move away from the wall. I walk back over to the curb and kept waiting for my mom.

I hear walking coming over to me. I look up to see Phoenix sitting down next to me. We didn't say anything at first but then he said

"You didn't see anything". He said

"Excuse me" I said shyly.

"Your not going to tell anyone what just happened behind the school" he said taking out a cigarette and litting it.

"I don't know, should I" I said.

He just laughed.

"Do you want one" he said putting his arm out.

ugh no, I don't smoke" I said moving a little down the curb.

Oh I see, your miss goodly goodly that plays it safe your whole life, right". he said blowing the smoke.

"I'm not a goodly goodly" I said taking the cigarette from his mouth and putting it in my mouth.

As I took a hit, I started coughing. He just looked at me shocked that I just did that.

"Why did you just do that" he said shocked.

"I really don't know" I said with a concerned look on my face.
I have always been fascinated with cigarettes I guess".

He smiled and said " I like that answer".

"Are you new here, because I've never seen you here before" he said blowing out his smoke.

"Oh yeah, just moved here from New Jersey."

"Well welcome to Alaska" he said with a little chuckle."

"Thanks, I really like it here so far" I said

"I can show you around the town if you want" he said with a smile.

"Oh, that would be wonderful, thanks" I said.

"I never did catch your name" I said

"Well let introduce myself, my name is River Phoenix" he said putting out his hand."

"Oh well hello there River, my name is Edie Harper" I said shaking his hand.

I like River, he was different and kinda quirky, Just like me.